X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the goal: Driver Version: 8.18.0.0

Driver Version: 8.18.0.0

this is what your DxDiag needs to read. If it says something like

Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6575 (English)

then you have an old version which won't work. So, if there are people with that version, they either need to update or we need to figure out why the update is failing.
    - What's that?
    - It's a cannon fuse.
    - What's it for?
    - It's for my cannon.

Sorry to post this in multiuple threads, but I cannot find this 8.18.0.0 driver you keep talking about on ATI's website.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

If anyone has a link to said drivers, that'd be great...
      Radeon 9600 XT 256MB, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, WinXP SP2, 2.4GHz P4, latest Catalysts, Civ4 DX9

Comment

Thanks for the help Soren. Now we need a foolproof way of ensuring the correct version.

Comment

8.18.0 driver

The driver can be found at:

Comment

That's the link to the same drivers that are

edit: at least with the Control Panel. I haven't tried the drivers with the Catalyst Control Center.
            Radeon 9600 XT 256MB, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, WinXP SP2, 2.4GHz P4, latest Catalysts, Civ4 DX9

Comment

Can you please provide an exact link? I've downloaded the most recent WinXP drivers from there and I still read: 6.14.0010.6575 (English)

Comment

8.18.0 linux driver

However, I see that this is a linux driver. Doh!

If I'm able to get this to work I will definately post.

Comment

Here are the latest ATI drivers:

# Radeon® display driver 8.18
                  # Catalystâ„¢ Control Center version 5.10

LAPTOP:

DESKTOP:

1. ATI recommends Windows XP Service Pack 2 or higher to be installed.
                  2. You must have Microsoft .NET Framework installed prior to downloading and installing the CATALYST Control Center
                  3. The Catalyst Uninstaller is an optional download. We recommend using this utility to uninstall any previously installed Catalyst drivers prior to installation.

-Mustafa

Comment

I still just find the same drivers, Kbeck. Can you guide us through to precisely where you found them, as ATI's site always loads the basic folder scheme to start?

Comment

... That's the same EXE that I have already downloaded and installed, and I still have 6.14.0010.6575.
                      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Geez.

Firaxis guys.. If we downloaded the drivers today, we *DO* have the latest version.

You're not looking at the right thing! This driver version (6.14.10.6575) is the 2D driver version; the 3D driver version is 8.18-050914a1-027256C-ATI.

The proof is in my screenshot. The driver links you give us do provide the correct drivers.

Comment

CIV IV works on one computer and does not work on the other. Both computers show 6.14.0010.6575 as the driver version

Brian

Comment

Here's the screenshot:
                            Attached Files

Comment

Ok, those are the ones I'm using Thamer, the ones I -just- installed. I'll try a reinstall in a bit, afraid I can't just now.

Comment

Working...
                              X