Possible Fixes for "Failed to Initialize Renderer" Startup Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atmosphear

I would want my money back for those 3 uncooked patties, and would take my business else where. I do not have the desire to mess with my system settings in hopes that a video game will start working while fearing other games will stop working.

I am hoping they are working on a patch to remedy the ATI problems. If they are not, then I would like my money back due to faulty software.

Like I have stated previously, this is the first time I have ever had trouble actually running a game. Sure, I've had graphical problems in the past, but at least the game ran. When I bought the game, I was at least expecting the game to run in some fasion.

Does anyone know if there is a return policy directly to the company if they decide not to impliment a patch for the game? I will give them time, but if there is no planned fix(patch) then I will be looking for ways to get my 50 bucks back.
    What part of they are working on it do you not understand? Why are you even questioning if they are working on the game/if there will ever be a patch?

Childish at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by talshiarr
      Does being "worked on" mean they have found the problem and are crafting the fix, or they're still reading the forums like we all are and trying to discern the actual cause?
      Unlike us, they actually know how the game works and have access to dozens of computers to test, so I'd hazard a guess at them having some clue.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Originally posted by JimmyTango

What part of they are working on it do you not understand? Why are you even questioning if they are working on the game/if there will ever be a patch?

Childish at best.
        The only person who is being childish is you. I've noticed you've been trying to derail and insult other people posting on this forums. Try not to troll please.

I don't remember seeing anything official about a patch (correct me if I am wrong.) Thus far, they have told us to mess with our system/driver files. When they find a solution it could be one where we have to mess with these files further, or it could be a patch. I don't want to mess with the files.

There is no need to get insulting towards other people posting on the forums. There is enough tension with the problems we are having with this game. There is no room for a forum troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimmyTango

Childish at best.
          stop being a forum troll please.

people are pissed off, and you are not helping it. if you have problems in real life, this is not the place to solve them. its civ4-help forum, not Ineed-help.

Comment

• Thank you Solver, It's good to know that you and your peers are trying so hard to keep the communication gap closed with the little time you have to do so. As for the $50, don't be so naive to think that everyone has fifty dollars to go investing on a game that might or might not work. Like I said, the bigger picture, millions of copies were sold, and at $50 a peice, well, a nearly inconcievable amount of money was invested. But I know that not everyone was a working middle class or above person who payed. Some were bought as gifts, and some were bought by scraping together various allowances, and for some Civ IV is the first pc game ever purchased. So, being a reasonably intelligent person, I would rather invest my $50 dollars, or a days work at minimum wage, on something I can actually use. The reason why so many of us payed that much anyway is because we wanted immediate playability. This is not an attack at Firaxis by the way, as they probably have nothing to do with the merchandizing of the game, but just to give an example, Best Buy here in Dallas usually drops the price of new PC games to $39.99 for a week seven days after its release in order to bolster its sales.

Comment

• Yeah, Radeon 9550, same problem, ran through the fixes, i'm considering a nap. A nap might clear things up, and it might not. Who knows?

We're all working for the same thing here. Like it or not, Firaxis is gonna take a while to get this worked out. But they will, they will, because they have a good reputation, and they aren't going to put that on the line. Granted, i'm fairly angry, but the anger isnt' going to solve anything, and it's probably just going to cloud my ability to try to solve this on my own. So let's all just go forth into the streets, and scream.

Comment

• solver, no offense, but do you personally work for Firaxis, or are associated with the team working on the fix?

If so, great. Can you tell us if the problem is at least identified?

If not... I'd sure like to hear word from an actual employee of Firaxis.

Comment

• Check your PMs.
                  Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator

Comment

• gee thats not secritive.

Comment

• Nobody's ever sent me a PM before. I feel so honored. Now I just have to find where they are.

Comment

• Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator

Comment

• Up at the top ^

Comment

• Figured it out and replied.

(He just wanted my MSN coordinates.)

Comment

• somebody want to share that PM if its from a firaxis employee- if it is from a firaxis employee, it would be nice if they shared it with everyone.

Comment

• Ooh, can I get a PM too? Or is it a bad kinda PM?

Comment

Working...
                                X