No announcement yet.

An idea for a bonus for the French!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually the french fries are Belgian Fries....the American GIs thought they were still in France but had in fact were in Wallonia part of Belgium ......Frijes(Fries) in Belgium are ten times better than frites in France................

Anyway a bad joke in the spirit of this thread........

Question: Why are all the roads to Paris lined with trees?

Answer: The Germans like to march in the shade.

ok that was bad................
    It is well that war is so
    terrible, else we should grow too fond of it.”. R.E. Lee 1863

Comment

Here is the revenge of the French for the constant mockery:

I just opened my U.S. version of Civ 4 Special Edition and the poster with techs, upgrade units, resouces, etc. is entirely in French!! The manual and the game are in English though. Either I'm learning some French here or I need an expanation.

F U surrender monkeys!

Your head would look good on the end of a pole! This offense means WAR!

Comment

Originally posted by M. le Comte
        Je trouve ça assez mesquin comme discussion.

Donc les Français ne se lavent pas, mangent des rats, avec un béret sur la tête et une baguette de pain sous le bras ?

Que les clichés existent, c'est inévitable. Qu'on ne les garde pas pour soi, c'est tout à fait minable.

Que ceux qui veulent traduire le fassent.
        tu as raison, il y a des clichés stupide a propos les francais, especiallement dans le monde anglo-saxon. mais vous n'etes pas seule. il y a des clichés sur pratiquement toutes les peuples. par exemple, les anglais ne savent pas faire d'amour, haha!

pardon my french

Comment

Originally posted by Caesar Salad
          Actually the french fries are Belgian Fries....the American GIs thought they were still in France but had in fact were in Wallonia part of Belgium ......Frijes(Fries) in Belgium are ten times better than frites in France................
          Dunno if these are really Belgium fries. But for a dutchman real Belgium fries are much bigger. But maybe these are only from the flemish part of Belgium. Anyway, these are yummie .

As for the french, did you know the French are so proud at their language that a webmaster who makes a website only available in english has a chance to get a bill and have his website taken down (if he does not provide a french translation on time that is)?
          Last edited by tuckson; October 26, 2005, 14:38.
          -------------------------------><------------------------------
          History should be known for learning from the past...
          Nah... it only shows stupidity of mankind.

Comment

Originally posted by tuckson

Dunno if these are really Belgium fries. But for a dutchman real Belgium fries are much bigger. But maybe these are only from the flemish part of Belgium. Anyway, these are yummie .

As for the french, did you know the French are so proud at their language that a webmaster who makes a website only available in english has a chance to get a bill and have his website taken down (if he does not provide a french translation on time that is)?
            That's not pride. It's a means of trying to preserve their culture by forcing French people to always provide a French version of something in addition to that something in another language. The Quebecois do the same thing. Turkey is now in the news for the same thing but theirs is a bit stricter: display any nonTurkish language on a sign or certain other things and you get fined.
            I no longer use this account.

Comment

I didn't see that when I was in Turkey last month. maybe more anti-turk eu news.

OT
              Do civs get specific bonuses? I'd like to see civbonus come out randomly with certain techs or feats.
              Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Originally posted by E
                I didn't see that when I was in Turkey last month. maybe more anti-turk eu news.

OT
                Do civs get specific bonuses? I'd like to see civbonus come out randomly with certain techs or feats.
                I no longer use this account.

Comment

Originally posted by vomitus

That's not pride. It's a means of trying to preserve their culture by forcing French people to always provide a French version of something in addition to that something in another language. The Quebecois do the same thing. Turkey is now in the news for the same thing but theirs is a bit stricter: display any nonTurkish language on a sign or certain other things and you get fined.
                  If it's not pride, it must be fear. but whatever it is, imho "right of free speech" does not only include what you may say, but also how you wish to say it (unless you're directly insulting someone of course). As for me this means including the languague in which you want to say it. Insisting on a certain language limits this freedom.

but E is right, let's get back ontopic.
                  History should be known for learning from the past...
                  Nah... it only shows stupidity of mankind.

Comment

Originally posted by M. le Comte
                    Je trouve ça assez mesquin comme discussion.

Donc les Français ne se lavent pas, mangent des rats, avec un béret sur la tête et une baguette de pain sous le bras ?

Que les clichés existent, c'est inévitable. Qu'on ne les garde pas pour soi, c'est tout à fait minable.

Que ceux qui veulent traduire le fassent.
                    Mes amis Francais et Quebecois, on tous sait que le pais et la couture francais sont superb. Vous avez tant dequel être fier, que c'est clair que telles choses fictifs et stupides ne dévraient pas être considerées sérieuxement...
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

S'il vous plait, excusez-moi mon francais.. car je l'apris dans une ecole ou Martinus jamais n'envoyerait ses enfants. (si c'est le cas qu'il les a)
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Hey il sell u a French rifle... never fired and only dropped once ;-)

Comment

Worst. Thread. Ever.
                          Get your science News at Konquest Online!

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                            Mmmmh, horse

And what an amazing troll thread. And started by a Rosbif no less

PH, my hats off to you for creating this small wonder
                            Not bad is it? I was pleasantly surprised at the response
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Bonus for the Americans: they can declare war by making up intelligence.
                              Their spy unit is rather worthless, though, since it has a tendency of getting outed when their husband speaks up about that made-up intelligence.

- Michael

Comment

Originally posted by mscha
                                Bonus for the Americans: they can declare war by making up intelligence.
                                Their spy unit is rather worthless, though, since it has a tendency of getting outed when their husband speaks up about that made-up intelligence.

- Michael
                                Yes, but our paratrooper units get a -3 when attacking across a river while fighting somebody else's war.

Sorry, I'm an 82d vet & couldn't resist.

Comment

Working...
                                X