An idea for a bonus for the French!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Metaliturtle
    we should be over at firaxis "removing" copies of civ 4 from their warehouse
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Niptium
      Oh ! I have another idea...

If the French civ isn't in the playing game, the americans cannot be there either... in the end, the Americans owe France their independance...
      You can't turn back history...

Comment

If the American's aren't a civilization, we wouldn't FREAKING MAKE THE GAME FOR YOU FOREIGNERS! NYAH!

hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
          What's wrong with getting extra food from horses? Having horses available assists greatly in farming. Greater mobility, greater horsepower for plowing, etc.

One extra food at least.
          You can also eat them.
          "Hindsight is all well and good... until you trip." - Said by me

Comment

Originally posted by littlechief
            Holy Crap the French must of rented a pair..........
            UNITED NATIONS - The United States and France called on Syria Tuesday to detain government officials suspected of involvement in the assassination of a former Lebanese prime minister and ensure their cooperation with a U.N. probe or face possible sanctions The demand was contained in a draft resolution that threatened the punishing measures if Syria doesn't cooperate with a U.N. probe into the Feb. 14 murder of Rafik Hariri
            You should pay some more attention to France's reactions when it comes to Lebanon. It's a former colony in which the country still has a major interest, and they don't like Syria all that much.
            So the French reaction is normal.

Don't be decieved by the stupid label of "surrendermonkeys" since it belies the fact that France is one of the more warlike countries in the modern world. The surrender in 1941 was a fluke, caused by a demoralised POLITICAL establishement scarred by WW1.
            'Choose Again' by Aenea

Comment

EDIT: I'm terribly sorry for having posted a lame joke and stereotype in a thread meant as lame joke and stereotype. Some thread jackers scanning light mockery for political correctness took offense in it.
              Last edited by Harovan; October 26, 2005, 13:35.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                But, if the Americans aren't in the game, then the French civ has to disappear in 1914... in the end, France owes the Americans (and Brits) their independence...
                Last time I checked France wasn't overrun by Germans in WWI. What was the school you studied history at? I would have to make sure not to send my kids there, if I have any.
                The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
                - Frank Herbert

Comment

not unles you want your kids to believe the world was created in 6 days...
                  "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis

not unles you want your kids to believe the world was created in 6 days...
                    Well... actually it WAS.

But back ontopic:

Originally posted by Hozchelaga
                    Get over it. The United States and France are friends and allies, whatever they call fried potatoes in US government cafeterias.
                    Well at least they both show the same kind of behaviour in considering the rest of the world as their own backyard.
                    -------------------------------><------------------------------
                    History should be known for learning from the past...
                    Nah... it only shows stupidity of mankind.
                    -------------------------------><------------------------------

Comment

French surrender jokes were funny in 41, but only if you were a german, and not among the 27,000 dead, 110,000 wounded, or 18,000 missing...
                      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

bingo !

but that small detail is often left out of these discussions...

and tuckson makes an interesting point. and believe me, i live in flanders so i know... (not personally of course)
                        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                          French surrender jokes were funny in 41, but only if you were a german, and not among the 27,000 dead, 110,000 wounded, or 18,000 missing...
                          Well said.
                          The Best Multiplayer Game Ever

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                            Actually, they are still funny, but only if you are 12 years old and have never read a history book in your short life. It also helps to be a rather stupid 12 year old.

Comment

returning to the topic: the germans make some good horse-sausage! you should try that, it's taasstyy!! harharharhar!

Comment

Je trouve ça assez mesquin comme discussion.

Donc les Français ne se lavent pas, mangent des rats, avec un béret sur la tête et une baguette de pain sous le bras ?

Que les clichés existent, c'est inévitable. Qu'on ne les garde pas pour soi, c'est tout à fait minable.

Que ceux qui veulent traduire le fassent.
                                M. le Comte

Comment

Working...
                                X