Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite new feature of Civ IV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm with hexagonian. all those three points that are not in the poll (therefore "other").

how many times does one need to say: ICS is de-facto not in civ3
    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

I like the idea of religion best so far. I'll wait until I actually play a few games before passing final judgement though.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I posted earlier that I liked most of what I saw except the cartoony graphics.
        This opinion was based on some screenshots.
        After seeing the videos at IGN, I realized that those screenies really weren't doing the game justice. Wow, I was really blown away.

A couple of years ago, after being disappointed with the initial release of Civ III, I said that my fondest wish was that the next game in the genre be made by somebody else with a fresh perspective and new ideas.
        You have to understand that, at that time, disappointment with the 'limited edition' was rife and a lot of folks wanted Sid with a rope around his neck.
        I was frustrated with annoying game concepts like pollution and corruption.

Now, after seeing the previews for Civ IV, I am glad to admit that I was wrong when I thought that Firaxis was running out of gas when it came to new ideas.
        I know that things such as units sharing tiles aren't going to please everyone, but it takes the game in new directions and I have to say I like it.
        I haven't seen a computer game that has excited me like this for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Brutus66
          You have to understand that, at that time, disappointment with the 'limited edition' was rife and a lot of folks wanted Sid with a rope around his neck.
          I was frustrated with annoying game concepts like pollution and corruption.
          Keep in mind, Sid and Co. have nothing to do with what goes in the box other than the game itself. The box is all up to the publisher and this time around, it will be Take 2. Last time around it was Inforgame, also know as Atari. They were the cheap ba$**** that took up for our money and gave nothing.
          Let's just hope that Take 2 will be a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
            My favorite new feature in Civ IV? There's just too many to choose from. I love the civics, though it does seem like the civics was better in SMAC, but let's see how it feels when playing the game. I also love to see religion in Civ IV. Anti-ICS is also a great step in the right direction... I could go on forever, most new features sounds great

But in the end I ended up spending my one vote on the non-linear tech tree, someone I have wanted since Civ I

The worst feature in the game is that voice over from that old guy. I might turn this off if possible

Also, since he is 74 years old, it is cool that he still do stuff like this.
            This old guy is the man who played Mr. Spock on Star Trek.

You mean like talking?

Comment

I like best that there is no more corruption and polution. No you don't have to spend 1/5 of your time with that and can concentrate on cool things like promotion

Comment

The lack of ICS is nice (if it turns out to be true), but religion and the new emphasis on resources are what struck me early.

Comment

I'm brain dead or something but what is ICS?

Comment

I must be brain dead but what does ICS stand for?

Comment

Originally posted by twelvetime
                      I must be brain dead but what does ICS stand for?

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I have still not gotten the game, i should have it next week, but i am most looking forward to the re vamped diplomacy. The most exciting part of it to me is dealing with more intelligent ai's. But all of the improvements are going to make it the best civ of all time!

Comment

Definitely religion.
                          Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                          Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                          7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

more balanced starts. leads to less reloading for a decent beginning.

and

closed borders.

Quite a bit of the annoyingness of CIV3 gone with those two strokes.

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
                              Why would I want to listen to some old guy I don't know? It just makes it harder to listen to my music
                              Heretic!
                              Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                              Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                              7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Ships don't float, they hover

Pretty cool you don't need water for your battleship, just drive that sucker right across a whole continent. Is this a bug or a design decision....?

Comment

Working...
                                X