Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite new feature of Civ IV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But I've heard of Star Trek of course. Never watched it though

What is this world coming too.

Thanks for making me feel like a very, very, very old man btw.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

so does he have a really cool voice or something?

and what will he be saying anyway? voice-over on wonder movies?
      CSPA

Comment

Imagine being able to build the Internet without knowing maths...now that would be great...
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

He simply used to be a famous actor in that series (is retired now, I think), and was contracted to do at least the tech voice-overs in CIVIV.
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

OK

science fiction isn't exactly my cup of tea so pardon my ignorance.
            but it's good to know that they got some qualified people to do the voices
            CSPA

Comment

OMG its so cool that Leonard Nimoy does voiceacting. He fits PERFECTLY with the civilization genre, and I believe his voice will really add a new feeling to the game.

Also, since he is 74 years old, it is cool that he still do stuff like this.

It was an obvious vote for me.

Comment

None of my pet features are on the poll...

Civics
                Elimination of infinte rails
                Streamlined unit management

If I had to pick one on the poll though, it would be the anti-ICS features...
                or religion...
                Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

I can't wait to hear what Nemoy says when I invent Space Flight!

Seriously though it's a tough call to name a feature. I can't decide between no more ICS, civics and the no corruption. If pressed I guess no corruption/pollution is the most important for me since those two made Civ3 no fun to play. Corruption just took all the point out of conquering anything beyond your palace range on large maps and made overseas colonies useless while pollution and the armies of workers that had to be on standby to clean it up was just tedious. I hated them both. Now they're gone and they'll trouble me no longer with their fun killing ways!

-Sam

Comment

Until I play it, how would I know?

Comment

Well, we have evolved from Elvis to Spock.

What does that really mean?

I've always promoted gameplay over bells and whistles; Nimoy would be the ultimate geek bell, and it seems once again Firaxis has shown that they know better what the people want than I.

I suggest they release an expansion consisting only of the addition of more Nimoy talking and some of that cool Klingon battle music and doubtless @ 29.99 US it would make a bundle.

Comment

Yeah, because the only difference is the addition of Nimoy, they haven't made any changes to gameplay or anything.
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

drawing my conclusion from the IGN review, Nemoy is the biggest addition of all.

May he guide me along the tech tree forever on.
                          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Maybe it takes a political dork to choose this.

I'm most excited about the Civics options and the way they and religion both tie into diplomacy. I was bitterly disappointed when Civilization III's social engineering choices turned out to be a step backward from Alpha Centauri's.

Finally, we realize that not all democracies are liberal and not all police states are communist (or fascist, for those who upgraded their Civ3).

Maybe I'm the only one thrilled, but check out all the random combinations.

Revolutionary France: Representation or Suffrage, Nationhood, Emancipation, Mercantilism, Freedom of Religion (France made it to Nationalism first - it took everybody else time to catch up.)

Iran, as was already pointed out. An actual Islamic Republic.. and if you wanted, you could make one that's a theocracy with universal suffrage, free speech, AND free markets. ;-]

True Communism: Universal Suffrage, Free Speech, Emancipation, State Property, Freedom of Religion.

A "free" Tibet: Hereditary Rule, Free Speech, Caste System, Mercantilism, Theocracy

The Empire of the Known Universe, for Dune fans: Hereditary Rule, Vassalage, Caste System, State Property, Freedom of Religion

And once Paul takes over: Hereditary Rule, Bureaucracy, Caste System, State Property, Theocracy.

Sorry.. I'm just really excited. I preordered earlier today. ;-]

Comment

You and I are truly on the same page with the Civics options. What makes them even better is that there is SO MUCH room to expand on them in mods and XP's!

Yours,
                              Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

I voted for no pollution/corruption. Mostly the corruption part was really unfun. The pollution I could live with

what is ICS? Seems a lot of people don't like it but i have no idea what this acronym means...

Comment

Working...
                                X