• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by conmcb25

Another general drop in world wide GNP.
    LOL, Indeed!

Comment

I took 2 days off work around Halloween weekend. My wife initially assumed that I was taking the time to be around the house for my daughter's first real trick-or-treating weekend... then she found out that I'd have Civ 4 in hand and made plans with her mother to take the baby and go shopping

My wife respects the power of the Civ 4!!!!!

I guess we've been together long enough for her to realize that that's a battle she's just not gonna win...
      15 years of Civ addiction and counting.

Comment

Gamespot says it is shipping 10/25...

they are usually the most reliable source in my experience...

Games usually ship on tuesdays...

however, that does not mean they will be in the stores, that is just the "ship" date...

it could be as late as the friday of that week for the game to arrive in the stores...

I don't know about the online retailers... I guess if you paid for the next day air delivery or whatever, you will probably get it right away. But why the hell would someone do that? You will probably end up paying over $80 just to get the game!

that is stupid IMO

I am gonna get civ4 off usenet... try it first... then if it's good, I'll go out some time the second week in November and buy it...
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Why the mad scramble...???

I now have Rome Barbarian Invasion to keep me occupied. And I'm playing some SMAC now.

I'll wait until it is given to me on either my birthday or Christmas. Then I can't possibly gripe about it not being worth the money...and meanwhile, I can read all the hyper-fanboy and hyper-cynical analysis and laugh at the merriment.

I expect I will like it though.
          Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
          ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Well, what will I do to tide myself over now that it's ONE week away?

Comment

RTW and SMAC are good ways to pass the time
              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

24th = ship date
                25th = when it arrives
                26th = Civ V wish list thread posted

Comment

Good one Brutus66!

I will have limited 'Poly time when CIV arrives at my door. I will not want to ruin some of the surprises or tolerate the rants of someone who was expecting a feature that doesn't exist...blah blah blah..

So, I'll play for a while, then visit 'Poly. Why cut down playing time with ranting time?
                  Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Originally posted by Brutus66
                    24th = ship date
                    25th = when it arrives
                    26th = Civ V wish list thread posted
                    Very cynical
                    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

At least Civ IV will help pass the time til The Movies is released.

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
                        I will have limited 'Poly time when CIV arrives at my door. I will not want to ruin some of the surprises or tolerate the rants of someone who was expecting a feature that doesn't exist...blah blah blah..

So, I'll play for a while, then visit 'Poly. Why cut down playing time with ranting time?
                        simple: home: civ4, office: poly
                        - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                        - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Works for me...
                          Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                          ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Have almost a week off in November so will wait till then to pick up Civ4. Time to relax read the whole manuel and then load up. New computor -HP- so im ready to Civ away.
                            For now im playing Medieval Pack2 (CtP2 mod) that im enjoying so have plenty of Civ activity till then.

Comment

I talked to a store owner here and he said they will start selling it 28 October, this is in Sweden. Might be a couple of days behind because of shipping it but I preordered it so I could pick it up on that date. I was worried that it would take until November to get here but luckily not.
                              It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Well im from the land of OZ down under. I pre-ordered a week or so ago from EB games in the US. I dont care if i pay more, i want it a soon as i can get it. I even paid for express air delivery. Ive also pre-ordered X3-reunion, this will be a game that i play while im working on a plan to counter attack those damm mongols.

Comment

Working...
                                X