• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Struth, here I was thinking no one would notice

Villages sure would be good
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

any takers on modding the jesus worker ?
      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Sweet! My ICS plan is progressing nicely!
        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Aussie_Lurker
          Sir Og, the big thing you are forgetting is that, unlike in Civ3, we probably won't see as many cities-on average-as we previously did (due to maintainance and civics costs).

What you also need to keep in mind is that-unlike roads-towns and villages need to be defended from enemy attack-so building them here there and everywhere will make life very difficult in times of war.

Yours,
          Aussie_Lurker.
          I don't make the same conclusions WRT number of cities from the screenshots that I have seen so far. The cities in screenshots that I have seen seem to cover most of the land tiles as in previous games.

Also how would the defending of vilages be different from the defending of any other tile improvemnt (irrigation, road etc.)
          Quendelie axan!

Comment

Also how would the defending of vilages be different from the defending of any other tile improvemnt (irrigation, road etc.)

More valuable (3+ gold). Hopefully, the AI will not hole up in their city squares, but will come out into the field to do battle.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe

More valuable (3+ gold). Hopefully, the AI will not hole up in their city squares, but will come out into the field to do battle.
              and if they would, hopefully collateral damage exists. so even if the defender loses a fight, the improvement get's destroyed in a certain percentage of the attacks.

with the introduction of pillaging giving money (methinks ), this is not unlikely
              - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
              - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
                Sweet! My ICS plan is progressing nicely!
                Yeah! To a total collapse!
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Obviously workers have a movement rate of (at least) 2. Which means they can improve "unroaded" tiles without losing one turn. Which means there is even less incentive to build roads.
                  "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Working...
                  X