No announcement yet.

It is confirmed that those hamlets/towns are terrain improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is an expansion to Sid's Pirates!, is it not?

J/K. Just thought I'd attempt a funny.

I am so desperately awaiting the release....

Comment

And I was so looking forward to the Jesus worker too. It could have been a benefit trait of Christianity. Civ5 maybe.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Re: It is confirmed that those hamlets/towns are terrain improvements

Originally posted by kolpo
        It is confirmed that Hamlets/towns are a terrain improvement like farms and mines, because they are in the terrain improvement list: http://www.jeuxvideo.com/screenshots...3_037_news.htm
        What are city ruins, land worked, and other items on this list that do not sound like terrain improvements.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
          And I was so looking forward to the Jesus worker too. It could have been a benefit trait of Christianity. Civ5 maybe.

Yeah, the Jesus worker would have rocked.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Aussie_Lurker
            Oh, on a related topic though-has anyone noticed how pillaging of the fishing boat improvement actually gains the pillager around 5 gold (on AVERAGE). Looks like piracy might become a lucrative strategy in Civ4 after all !
            I noticed that too

I hope they did it better than in ctp
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Man, all I say is they need to rethink this whole population model.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Man, all I say is they need to rethink this whole population model.
                Whats unsatisfactory with it and what alternative do you propose?

Comment

You misunderstand me, Adagio-I am saying that this is a good thing-in order to protect them you will actually need a strong navy-especially when combined with an enemy fleet's ability to cut a coastal city off from resources.

Yours,
                  Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

I didn't misunderstand you, I'm just saying that if it turns out like it did in ctp this will be one of the first features I'm going to disable... But if they do it right it could be good
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Does this mean that we are now going to end up in the late game with maps full of hamlets/towns/vilages.
                      AFAIK Firaxis has removed the property of roads to add trade because of the ugly end game maps but they have instead replaced that with something else that will contribute to lategame ugliness.
                      Am I missing something?
                      Quendelie axan!

Comment

@Sir Og: [hamlets/towns/vilages] = something else that will contribute to lategame ugliness
                        I agree that too much of those may clutter up the map in the late game. But then, look at our modern world: towns grow to cities, and slowly gnaw away at the surrounding landscape until cities touch and merge to become metropolises. That's darn ugly too if you ask me...

But then it would be nice to have a late game map with the same charm than an early game map - but I guess that's almost impossible to achieve.
                        "Give me a soft, green mushroom and I'll rule the world!" - TheArgh
                        "No battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy." - Murphy's law
                        Anthéa, 5800 pixel wide extravaganza (french)

Comment

Piracy and barbarian raids!!!

I'm looking forward to the first Viking scenario.
                          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

pillaging = gold

jebus workers
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Og
                              Does this mean that we are now going to end up in the late game with maps full of hamlets/towns/vilages.
                              AFAIK Firaxis has removed the property of roads to add trade because of the ugly end game maps but they have instead replaced that with something else that will contribute to lategame ugliness.
                              Am I missing something?
                              Yes, you are missing the fact that while roads/railroads everywhere look ugly and unrealistic, hamlets and villages everywhere look nice and realistic.
                              The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
                              - Frank Herbert

Comment

I want my railroads everywhere! As I said in the other thread, I hate it when I loose precious movement points just because I by accident move my unit to a tile that isn't railroaded...
                                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                                X