No announcement yet.

New information from Gamestar.de preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Does anybody know, is there only one GA in cIV or are there more?
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I heard Golden Ages last only eight turns now.

The reason for that is, that you can have more than one girlfriend at the same time.

Or something.

Comment

You minds are going into a Dark Age, young Civ4 addicts...
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

"Forked" in the picture thread, and "GA'd" in this section... poor Nikolai...
            He who knows others is wise.
            He who knows himself is enlightened.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Yeah, it's a hard life... Thankfully the Force is strong in me.

Comment

Hang on, I'm still confused Why are the Golden ages shorter this time around? Are Firaxis just trying to GYP US?

Yours,
                Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                  Life is a game dude ,
                  in the end we'll all be dead and game over.
                  But in the meantime I'll like to play longer, if you don't mind.
                  What's the difference between dying now or in 50 years?
                  If you don't know it, please let me chose "50 years from today". I'm sorry for the "you now" because you'll miss the Civ IV release... maybe MarkG can have an agreement with EB to deliver the box to heaven!
                  You're just yealous that you can't move the game pieces while GWB can
                  GWB=George W. Bush? No comment, please.
                  "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                  - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                    sabre, did you skip the approximately 15 posts saying the same to me?
                    oops... i always use "show latest posts" and somehow it had reset

my bad!
                    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Originally posted by Cabbagemeister
                      So now we get a true urban sprawl instead of a rail-fest. Excellent. It's more true-to-life, and it might get rid of the nasty "you can't invade me because I can get to any square in my empire instantly" problem. Unless people go ahead and road every square anyway....
                      If villages are built by workers and are good to have on about each tile, then there will indeed still be roads on each tile. After all, the faster workers can move from tile to tile, the more villages you can build.

I doubt railroads would be built on every tile though (unless they give a production bonus to everything). Just a few major railroads so that each tile can be reached using 2/3 of a movement point should be sufficient.
                      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I hope I still can RR my territory as I please. I hated it when I hadn't yet built 100% RR in my terriory in earlier Civs, and by accident moved to a non-RR tile, effectively taking away precious movement points. No, RR all the way, everywhere, if one want; THAT'S my wish.

Comment

I concur! Each to their own, just because YOU don't like how it looks, don't tell us how to play when we play Singleplayer on OUR Computers with the Copies we are going to buy with OUR money.

Play how you will, but do not make it so we can not do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                            I hope I still can RR my territory as I please. I hated it when I hadn't yet built 100% RR in my terriory in earlier Civs, and by accident moved to a non-RR tile, effectively taking away precious movement points. No, RR all the way, everywhere, if one want; THAT'S my wish.
                            I'd be happy if they reduced the movement points from infinity to 1/6 or so... Like double the roads.

But this unlimited moves is redicules.

Comment

Originally posted by MattPilot
                              I'd be happy if they reduced the movement points from infinity to 1/6 or so... Like double the roads.

I hope we'll soon see a mod for this
                              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Railroads... hrm.

It would be "nice" if units could only embark/disembark in cities (or maybe specially built depots outside cities), with disembarking costing 1 movement point (or remaining movement points if unit is at less than 1).

But we'll have to see what they give us, huh.
                                "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                                "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                                "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
                                X