No announcement yet.

New information from Gamestar.de preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[q=OP]Revolts due to foreign cultural influence last a few turns and can be suppressed by sending in the military. If your response is not sufficient, the city will flip eventually.[/q]

Finally we can do something to prevent it, while still have it in

I always liked the idea of culture-flipping, I just hated it because it seemed totally random

[q=OP]A single unit may be promoted up to 20 times, and promotion benefits carry over if the unit is upgraded. [/q]

I never doubted that the benefits carried over after upgrades, but now we finally have the limit on how many times a unit can be promoted
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

That's almost half the available promotions.
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

But it'll still take a long time to get them all I assume

It's nice that there is a limit, instead of it being possible to be fully upgraded
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
          dont mean to go OT but bush used the military to crush a flood
          And all those people who disagreed with Bush will do the same in their civ games
          hypocricy.....
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
            And all those people who disagreed with Bush will do the same in their civ games
            hypocricy.....
            Come on, don't put too much in a game!
            I play "sacrifice" in chess opening without a problem, but surely if I would be an officer I'd have serius difficulties to order a platoon suicide attack as a "tactical sacrifice" in a real battle.
            "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
            - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Hamlets (which are described as tile improvements like farms, although they may simply represent worked tiles on the map) will develop into villages and hereby increase your cash income. (The preview is a bit vague here.)

I will guess here for a second that these "villages" are the replacement for the "roads" in Civ3.

If i remember correctly, it has been said roads don't give commerce bonus anymore. So to compensate for that, they put in villages.

Sounds good to me

Comment

So now we get a true urban sprawl instead of a rail-fest. Excellent. It's more true-to-life, and it might get rid of the nasty "you can't invade me because I can get to any square in my empire instantly" problem. Unless people go ahead and road every square anyway....
                mmmmm...cabbage

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                  Using the military to crush a revolt in a democracy?

Comment

Originally posted by Cabbagemeister
                    So now we get a true urban sprawl instead of a rail-fest. Excellent. It's more true-to-life, and it might get rid of the nasty "you can't invade me because I can get to any square in my empire instantly" problem. Unless people go ahead and road every square anyway....
                    Thats the biggest thing that bothered me in Civ3. I went ahead and modded RR's out of the game. The best change i've ever made.

Comment

Easier, more obvious reference: the civil war.

Ye cain't leave the union no how no way no suh!

Comment

Originally posted by Adm.Naismith

Come on, don't put too much in a game!
                        I play "sacrifice" in chess opening without a problem, but surely if I would be an officer I'd have serius difficulties to order a platoon suicide attack as a "tactical sacrifice" in a real battle.
                        Life is a game dude ,
                        in the end we'll all be dead and game over.
                        What's the difference between dying now or in 50 years?

You're just yealous that you can't move the game pieces while GWB can
                        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Re: Re: New information from Gamestar.de preview

Originally posted by Nikolai
                          [*]Golden ages last 8 turns.

So short? Hopefully there's a reason for that...

there is a reason:
                          you can have more than one golden age.
                          (they are somehow triggered by great people)
                          - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                          - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

anyone got the link?

thanks in advance
                            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

sabre, did you skip the approximately 15 posts saying the same to me?
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Nikolai, without reading the entire thread, I think there is one more thing you must realise: in CivIV there will be numerous Golden Ages, instead of just one. This could explain why it is shorter.

The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
                                - Frank Herbert

Comment

Working...
                                X