Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draft Guide on which is the ideal Civilization to choose from depending on the vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just thinking... how hard it will be building wonders playing against all civs with industrious traits on the higher difficulty levels. Damn... Hope that industrious trait is balanced. I'm not 100% sure it is really unbalanced though although I most certainly share the suspicions of many people here...

Comment

It defently sounds unbalanced, hopefully Firaxis knows what they're doing... I would have put it 25% max instead of 50%
      But I guess we have to wait and see...
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

adagio: to clarify, 50% faster does not mean half price, but two-thirds of the price.
        other traits make up for it with their own advantages (faster growth, better units, etc). of course it's nice if you can build more wonders, but if you are behind because you could not grow fast enough or loose worldwide influence, then those wonders are not worth too much
        - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
        - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

I know 50% faster doesn't mean half-price, but it still sounds much

I assume by 50% they mean that if you have a city that produces 10 shields hammers, then if you switch to a wonder it'll produce 15 hammers instead... am I correct?

Comment

maybe that, or that the wonders cost 33% less (like in civ3 where temples cost half for religious civs).
            the result is the same, although city screenshots look better with higher production
            - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
            - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Originally posted by sabrewolf
              maybe that, or that the wonders cost 33% less (like in civ3 where temples cost half for religious civs).
              Well, if that was the case they should have said you've got a 33% discount on wonders... but who cares about how it's calculated as long as the result is the same

Originally posted by sabrewolf
              the result is the same, although city screenshots look better with higher production

I could see that some people would get confused about it though. When someone sees their city produce 15 hammers per turn, and as soon as they switched to a non-wonder it went down to 10 hammers

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
                Well, if that was the case they should have said you've got a 33% discount on wonders... but who cares about how it's calculated as long as the result is the same
                I just noticed that the end result would not be the same. If you choose the way I read the trait (10 hammers becomes 15 hammers) then you would get more gold back if you end up scrapping the project compared to if it's just a 33% discount, so I believe it's the discount they actually mean with that trait

Comment

Since it appears from recent screenshots that the "peaceful" eng-game civics (Free Speech, Universal Suffrage etc.) are actually low on maintenance, and it seems that it will be the military civics (Police State, Vassalage etc.) that will be high on maintenance, I need to revise my theory - Organized is going to help the warmonger, rather than the builder, the most.

For this reason, Japanese with Aggressive and Organized may give Napoleon (Aggressive/Industrious) a serious run for his money.
                  The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
                  - Frank Herbert

Comment

Working...
                  X