X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thx Locutus!
    "I aspire sir, to be better than I am" - Data

Comment

The world map in ctp2 was a bit extreme... The sothern hemisphere may have beeen accurate, but it made it easy to win, start in Gemany, enslave Europe, take Asia, then America.... I prefer the balance of the 3C3 map. It's too easy to win by ignoring whole contients.

Traits are powerful in civ4, maybe they'll be almost as important as geography. The weakest quality of a nation in civ4 was its UU, as traits are more powerful in civ4, I intend to mod UUs to be more powerful, if need be. I'm also going to include lots of governments, since spiritual hasn't become more powerful than religious in civ3.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
        ... because they are farthest from civilisation and the culture of the Province. In other words, the Belgians are the most barbaric
        But those north of the Rhine lived even farther of the Province.
        He who knows others is wise.
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Played Rhye's version of world map for civ 3, and if he is involved I think it looks promising.

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela
            I felt alone at loving the Earth map. Infact, I think it is kind of pointless playing historical nations on a random map. SMAC suited such a context, but it is stupid with Civ.
            Don't be silly, the Earth map is far too predictable with no surprises, no real exploration - you know where everything is...that is half the fun with random maps you've never seen before...
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by vStauffenberg
              old history it is, the commonwealth, the meagre institutional rest of a former great empire, meaningless, solely persisting for the purpose of keeping up appearances. it is already forgotten by many

Not by Mozambique and Cameroon, which decided their former colonial masters stank, and opted to join the (ex-British) Commonwealth.
              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

And good point about the Hellenistic despots -- they subjected Egypt to their rule before the Roman Empire, so we can say Egypt's bending over for others started with the Hellenistic despots.

You can say it started with the Hyksos- and there were also Nubian pharoahs- notably Piankhy.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

The ancient Egyptians kicked the Hyksos out though, once Egyptians used new technology introduced by the Hyksos against them -- the chariot and bronze weaponry.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                    The ancient Egyptians kicked the Hyksos out though, once Egyptians used new technology introduced by the Hyksos against them -- the chariot and bronze weaponry.

I don't think that was the point though, was it ?

The Hyksos and Nubians established Egyptian dynasties- or dynasties based in Egypt, if you like.

And these were prior to the Macedonian Ptolemaic dynasty.

Comment

good point
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                      X