X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GeoModder

Not even that!
    On the conterary sir!

1,000 researches from some of the most prestigeous societies in the civilized world (again, The British Empire) agree in this map highlights every place in the world that has ever been significant to the development of Western Civilization (Its the red parts)

Name one thing highlighted that we hadn't been in control of in the 20th century! See by, talking in Civ terms, "Controlling all the Victory points" we, the loyal subjects of the Crown, win.

Huzzah!

edit: Where I said "Western Civilization" I should of said "The Evolution of Mankind"

Comment

old history it is, the commonwealth, the meagre institutional rest of a former great empire, meaningless, solely persisting for the purpose of keeping up appearances. it is already forgotten by many

Comment

REVISIONIST!! *brandishes his smelly sock full of pennies*

Comment

Originally posted by Verenti
          Name one thing highlighted that we hadn't been in control of in the 20th century!

edit: Where I said "Western Civilization" I should of said "The Evolution of Mankind"
          Easy, the Congo and Kasangi area with its well-known precious metals -and other ores. The main colonial powers couldn't agree whom of them was gonna be in control of it so it became a crown colony of... guess who... the Belgian royalty.

To remind of some of the significance of this 'forgotten' spot by the english, the first atomic bombs were 'fueled' by uranium mined there.
          Last edited by GeoModder; October 4, 2005, 16:38.
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom

And Egypt sprays a high pressure jet of cobra urine back on you- for you have forgotten the Islamic dynasties of the Fatimids, Ayyubids and the Mamelukes, who ruled from Egypt.

They have just as much right to be called 'Egyptian' dynasties as the Macedonian Ptolemies, or the Nubian pharoahs.

In fact the Mamelukes even echoed the Ptolemies by having a female ruler- unusual for an Islamic dynasty.

The mausoleum of Shajar al Durr:
            I really was exaggerating/joking about Egypt's "lack" of historical legacy.

But the Muslim rulers of Egypt was the result of . . . . .

Islamic invasion INTO Egypt.

And good point about the Hellenistic despots -- they subjected Egypt to their rule before the Roman Empire, so we can say Egypt's bending over for others started with the Hellenistic despots.
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder

Easy, the Congo and Kasangi area with its well-known precious metals -and other ores. The main colonial powers couldn't agree whom of them was gonna be in control of it so it became a crown colony of... guess who... the Belgian royalty.
              right

why doesn't anyone even think about including the Belgians in Civ ?

Caesar wrote in "De Bello Gallico" : "Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae". ( Begians are the strongest of all ).

And we have the NATO headquarters !

And the EU capital.

no sig

Comment

Yes, all those EU buildings, almost too many to put a banner in front of every one.
                He who knows others is wise.
                He who knows himself is enlightened.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Hm....what if Egypt ruled the world, oh wait it will on Oct. 24th, 2005
                  "I aspire sir, to be better than I am" - Data

Comment

Not if I have a say in this.
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I WIN!

Comment

If i remember correctly the last line after completing Centurion: Defender of Rome said: "..but remember that empires rises and falls and nothing last forever.." There have been great powers throught all the ages, in the end they all crumble for one or another reason..
                        Proud member of the PNY Brigade
                        Also a proud member of the The Glory Of War team on PtW-DG

A.D 300, after 5h of playing DonHomer said: "looks like civ2 could be a good way to kill time if i can get the hang of it :P"

Comment

Originally posted by PJayTycy
                          Caesar wrote in "De Bello Gallico" : "Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae". ( Begians are the strongest of all ).
                          To be precise and complete: "Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae, propterea quod a cultu atque humanitate provinciae longissime absunt": Of all these the Belgians are the bravest (not strongest), because they are farthest from civilisation and the culture of the Province. In other words, the Belgians are the most barbaric
                          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Locutus, what is a "tukker"?

Comment

A Tukker is someone who lives in Twente, the most beautiful part of the Netherlands! And every self-respecting Tukker is also a fan of FC Twente, whose logo I use as avatar whenever it's not BSG season (which reminds me...)
                              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                                Of all these the Belgians are the bravest (not strongest), because they are farthest from civilisation and the culture of the Province. In other words, the Belgians are the most barbaric
                                so ?

And, another reason to include Belgium in civ: We are listed in the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

(just to get this thread on-topic again

But, if we all have fixed realistic starting positions, I fear our little headquarter would be the battlefield of an immense French-German-English war up untill 1800, then they finally join forces and build political sensitive infrastructure (and maybe world wonders) in a piece of "neutral" land between them, called Belgium.
                                no sig

Comment

Working...
                                X