Apolyton University: Expanding It's Roots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good point guys.
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Hey, it's not hard to figure out what I've been doing for the last year and change. Sue me. :P

Maybe if you guys didn't stick yer noses up in the air every time Active Multiplayer was mentioned, I'd hang around more.

In any case, I do think the AU mod will be very successful, but may have problems becoming the mainstream, simply because other sites (CFC, and more recently Civ3/4 Players) are starting to get very active PBEM communities as well - and they DO use the stock rules.
      Friedrich Psitalon
      Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
      Consultant, Firaxis Games

Comment

my latin lessons were a very long time ago, but the -'um' ending is iirc not a verb form.
        also, "percepere" is more "to perceive".

the better translation would be "discere, errigere, expunare"
        alternative: "discere, edificare, expunare"

cheers!
        probably becasuue ive never had occasian to actually use it.
        if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Originally posted by Cataphract887
          probably becasuue ive never had occasian to actually use it.
          yeah, people who speak latin seldom roam the roads in our areas

- Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
          - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Quick question -

"I think, therefore I rule."

(As in, to rule a kingdom.)
            In Latin, please?
            Friedrich Psitalon

Comment

Originally posted by sabrewolf
              yeah, people who speak latin seldom roam the roads in our areas

You should have seen that place 2000 years ago.

Comment

Fried:

Cogito, ergo regno.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                  Cogito, ergo regno.
                  Nice tagline.
                  The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by Fried-Psitalon
                    You guys don't mind guest lecturers from time to time, do ya?
                    Sure. Topic of first lecture: "Why SP is better than MP".

Speaking of CIV MP, should AU form a clan?
                    And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

• On the AU mod issue: for the first year or so (at least), I think the AU mod would be most useful as a "patch suggestion mod" for Firaxis.

In fact, the original AU mod was based on such a endeavour (I forget the name of the poster who started it - sorry).

The AU mod philosophy (conservative, game-balance and/or AI-improving changes only) is, I think, pretty much what guides Firaxis when considering updates.
                      And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

• player1

Comment

• Originally posted by Dominae

Sure. Topic of first lecture: "Why SP is better than MP".

Speaking of CIV MP, should AU form a clan?
                          Bah, you already know my plans in that regard, twit. :P

As for your lecture, I might make it "Why SP is a training ground for MP."
                          Friedrich Psitalon

Comment

• We could form a clan at CIV IV Players.
                            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

Same reason I didn't regularly use ANY mod. Most my PBEM's, demogames, etc were with STOCK rules. Just doesn't make sense to play allot of time on mods when most your competition will be with stock rules.

Futhermore, when the strategy forum gets rolling, and hopefully too the 'Great Library' (as discussed on a recent thread), posted strategies should be based on stock rules so they are available to allcomers.

No point welcoming new blood to the best Civ site on the net and saying "but before you go any further you must mod the game to our rules".

Third, the AU mod would be to correct imbalances agreed on by consensus over a period of time. There shouldn't be a rush to get it 'out' before a broad understanding is reached on what is required.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cort Haus

Futhermore, when the strategy forum gets rolling, and hopefully too the 'Great Library' (as discussed on a recent thread), posted strategies should be based on stock rules so they are available to allcomers.

No point welcoming new blood to the best Civ site on the net and saying "but before you go any further you must mod the game to our rules".

Third, the AU mod would be to correct imbalances agreed on by consensus over a period of time. There shouldn't be a rush to get it 'out' before a broad understanding is reached on what is required.
                                Ditto

Comment

Working...
                                X