fastest to reach each time period?
    fastest to 100k
    best team play
    shortest game
    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Nuclear
      Just for my curiosity, who here is interested in helping with the AI mod?
      i'm definately going to be tweaking around more sooner than later. but first i'll try vanilla. i ruined my first months of civ3 because i modded too early on.
      now i'll want to know the game mechanics before i go "fixing" (more likely worsening) stuff.

but in regarding AI mod: there will probably be many mods in the future "creation" forum. some will make barbarians tough as hell, others will make the AI more effective in attacks and again others will probably optimise the AI value system in direction of builder/warmonger/whatever

i remember in ptw having the koreans be powerful in most of the games (good builder traits) but they were always crushed easily when i used high AI aggression mods.

so what i'm saying: let's not be too premature with an official mod. in the ideal case the out-of-the-box version (or at least after the first 2 patches) is perfect already
      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus Rex
        how big of list do you want?

just a few thoughts:
        fastest to reach each time period?
        fastest to 100k
        best team play
        shortest game
        The basic list:

Best/fastes of each of the victory types.

Then the more fun list, which is debatable, could include lots of things:

Biggest backstab/Best ROP rape
        most bloodthirsty
        most thematic
        Best written
        Best city
        Best single use of UU
        who knows...
        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by sabrewolf
          let's not be too premature with an official mod. in the ideal case the out-of-the-box version (or at least after the first 2 patches) is perfect already
          Civ4 may be more balanced out of the box than Civ3 (at least Firaxis hired far more beta testers), but I'm sure that the people here at Apolyton will generate a lot of ideas how to tweak the game to make it still better. In my ideal case, some of those tweaks will make it back into the stock version of the game via patches or expansions. C3C adopted about a dozen changes that had been incorporated before in the AU mod version of PtW (e.g zero-range bombardment ability for archers).
          "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

The basic list:

Best/fastes of each of the victory types.

Then the more fun list, which is debatable, could include lots of things:

Biggest backstab/Best ROP rape
            most bloodthirsty
            most thematic
            Best written
            Best city
            Best single use of UU
            who knows...
            Exactly.

Comment

So we wait for a while then?
              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
                So we wait for a while then?
                I can't exactly speed up the launch of Civ IV.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please share them.

Although it isn't a competition, I'm hoping the AU will be taking some of CFC's GOTM's thunder.

Comment

Wait for a bit AFTER the release, I agree we should get ideas going but an AU mod is gonna take some time for the game to sink in
                  *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

But the AU doesn't neccessarily need a MOD to get going.
                    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                      But the AU doesn't neccessarily need a MOD to get going.
                      Fine by me I always played the standard games anyway

Comment

May I ask why? Was there something about the AU Mod that you didn't like?

Comment

You guys don't mind guest lecturers from time to time, do ya?
                          Friedrich Psitalon
                          Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
                          Consultant, Firaxis Games

Comment

look who's back after nearly a year of abstinence
                            - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                            - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Nuclear
                              May I ask why? Was there something about the AU Mod that you didn't like?
                              No it was fine but I used AU to help my regular game playing since I was in a lot of demo games. So I wanted to work on the principles in a "normal game". Thats just me though.

Comment

Originally posted by Fried-Psitalon
                                You guys don't mind guest lecturers from time to time, do ya?
                                Nope welcome back.

Comment

Working...
                                X