Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Krill
    LN, you are a real prat sometimes.

Sit down, shut up, and listen to those words of wisdom from your elders.

And change your sig. It is out of date.
    Want to take over as dean? The only thing Sir Ralph did was post a troll.

Comment

Sheesh. Relax. Sir Ralph, I love ya, that was a bit much... everyone (except Dominae) has come and gone at times. Lord Nuclear's very posting of this thread is a positive, period.

I am very much looking forward to continued involvement in AU for cIV.
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

hope the AU attitude is a tad brighter than the ones posted here before theseus
        if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Originally posted by Cataphract887
          hope the AU attitude is a tad brighter than the ones posted here before theseus
          It usually is, Cataphract. I don't know why those trolls were posted.
          -------------------
          Anyways, what are people's opinions on a reward system?

Comment

points in a HOF and everlasting fame

seriously. what was civ3 AU's 'reward system' ?

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

points in a HOF and everlasting fame

seriously. what was civ3 AU's 'reward system' ?
              Sorry, that should be "award" system.

Comment

2 points for a win,1 for a tie,0 for a loss...something you just copy+paste in from virtually anywhere

what else do you need?
                or 'medals' ,say ''Player X won so and so on these conditions in AU 12.Player Y and Z got so and so.''

what else do you need?

Comment

2 points for a win,1 for a tie,0 for a loss...something you just copy+paste in from virtually anywhere

what else do you need?
                  or 'medals' ,say ''Player X won so and so on these conditions in AU 12.Player Y and Z got so and so.''

what else do you need?
                  I was thinking of something more creative, for example, what MZO used to do in their scenarios. Awards such as:

Most Machiavellian
                  Best Written DAR
                  Best MM
                  Biggest Stack of Doom
                  etc.

Comment

Remember, Stacks of Doom is no longer a good strategy.
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
                      Sheesh. Relax. Sir Ralph, I love ya, that was a bit much... everyone (except Dominae) has come and gone at times. Lord Nuclear's very posting of this thread is a positive, period.
                      What was a bit much, to ask a simple, polite question, the subject of which can be easily proven? Of course, the rude reaction of your leader shows, that truth hurts. Besides, to call me names does not make it any less true.

The fact remains, that I haven't seen any threads other than "What I wish to do in the future" (about every six months) by Lord Nuclear, while all the work in the Apolyton University has been continuously done by Dominae, Nathan and alexman, the true Deans, and you as the chief enthusiast, of course. A simple browsing of the forum will prove this.

I agree with you, when you say, that everyone disappears at times. This is normal in games and fora. However, if somebody is trusted with an office he is not going to fill for a long period of time, the natural thing to do would be to step down. A simple example, in another game (a MMORPG) I have been trusted leadership of one of the largest guilds on the server and did my best to do my work for several months. About four weeks ago I felt my interest in this game waning. The first thing I did was to promote a successor and to step down from my office. I did so out of respect for the guild, and because felt, that my friends deserve better than an inactive leader.

The last part of your statement is true, however. This thread is a positive thing, even though I predict, that it will be the only thing to hear from Lord Nuclear for, say, the next six months. I would be positively surprised, if I could be proven wrong this time and wish the Apolyton University a good start into Civ4.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph

What was a bit much, to ask a simple, polite question, the subject of which can be easily proven? Of course, the rude reaction of your leader shows, that truth hurts. Besides, to call me names does not make it any less true.

The fact remains, that I haven't seen any threads other than "What I wish to do in the future" (about every six months) by Lord Nuclear, while all the work in the Apolyton University has been continuously done by Dominae, Nathan and alexman, the true Deans, and you as the chief enthusiast, of course. A simple browsing of the forum will prove this.

I agree with you, when you say, that everyone disappears at times. This is normal in games and fora. However, if somebody is trusted with an office he is not going to fill for a long period of time, the natural thing to do would be to step down. A simple example, in another game (a MMORPG) I have been trusted leadership of one of the largest guilds on the server and did my best to do my work for several months. About four weeks ago I felt my interest in this game waning. The first thing I did was to promote a successor and to step down from my office. I did so out of respect for the guild, and because felt, that my friends deserve better than an inactive leader.

The last part of your statement is true, however. This thread is a positive thing, even though I predict, that it will be the only thing to hear from Lord Nuclear for, say, the next six months. I would be positively surprised, if I could be proven wrong this time and wish the Apolyton University a good start into Civ4.
                        lol it's not like I got the AU a forum and a civgroup or anything LOL

Comment

I'd also like to point out that up until recently, I did not have C3C: Conquests, because I didn't have a PC. People knew this, but didn't seem to care, or atleast didn't want to have to be the AU Dean. What do you want me to do, use my magical powers to install C3C on my Mac?

Comment

Folks, can't we focus on something a little more constructive? I can't see what's gearing both sides so much up, but can't you try to relax and instead focus on what this thread were all about; planning for the Civ4 AU?
                            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Nuclear
                              I'd also like to point out that up until recently, I did not have C3C: Conquests, because I didn't have a PC. People knew this, but didn't seem to care, or atleast didn't want to have to be the AU Dean. What do you want me to do, use my magical powers to install C3C on my Mac?
                              This would explain it indeed (I for one didn't know it) and a short and calm statement in response, instead of calling names and crying wolf, would have done wonder and saved trouble. I am glad to hear, that your technical difficulties are over and am looking forward to your continuous leadership in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Nuclear

I was thinking of something more creative, for example, what MZO used to do in their scenarios. Awards such as:

Most Machiavellian
                                Best Written DAR
                                Best MM
                                Biggest Stack of Doom
                                etc.
                                Those were fun, IMO.

I recall fondly going specifically for certain things in those games. Gave me something to shoot for on games I knew I was going to win (once I hit that point I rarely finished games).
                                One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                                X