Apolyton University: Expanding It's Roots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nikolai
    I've never tried this university thing. Is it like some MP game where one learn together with other players live, or is it more like written lections?
    The Apolyton University releases monthly coures (scenarios), and people write about their game, so other people can give them advice, and praise. It's one of the best way's to learn how to play well.

Originally posted by Adm.Naismith
    Thanks for the offer. I've never tried your courses with Civ III, but I'm very tempted to give it a try with Civ IV version.
    Of course, my doubt is not about your great effort and overall quality, but only about my very reduced spare time.

Considering your previus experience, can you tell to us if you are planning lesson based on long or short games?
    Are they on small or large maps, how many civs, world condition, etc.
    Is it the game supposed to be played from early start (4000bc - 1 settler) to natural victory (and wich victory condition is allowed)?

Thank you in advance.
    There will be a variety of courses, each with it's own "twist." This time around, there will be introductory courses, which will help players learn how to perform basic techniques. They'll probably be shorter, and will be focused on things like "REXing."

Originally posted by Cataphract887
    i didnt like the civ3 AU because its changes were to slow and to small. i know thats not the objective of the mod,but i did more edits to my own civ3 in the first day than all the edits of AU combined. so i just incorperated any good ideas instead of using the mod itself

although i never did get into actually playing civ3. waiting to see what cIV is,i might play it.maybe
    Depending on the activity and wants of AU members, there may be a few editions of the mod. I imagine there will at least be the basic mod, and a mod with AI changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Atahualpa
      Do we need to make exercises?
      Do we get punished if we speak in class?
      Are there courses on Python or AI programming?
      Fail the course, and we whip you.

Comment

e some interesting ideas that I can't wait to show you guys. Also, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me, or post in the thread.
        what would these be?

Comment

Originally posted by Koriand'r
          what would these be?
          There are a couple of reasons why I'm not going to tell you.
          Firstly, I want to keep it as a surprise. Secondly, I can't promise you something will happen, if it may not.

Comment

and thirdly im a smurf baiting you?
            you said in the first post you would say!

Comment

err actually your second post

Comment

Show me where I said I'd tell you what the ideas were.

Comment

ok ok i see you didnt now on actually reading it

i see now that by ''show you guys'' you meant when you make the mod. my bad

Comment

ok ok i see you didnt now on actually reading it

i see now that by ''show you guys'' you meant when you make the mod. my bad
                    Most of my ideas have very little to do with the mod, actually.

Comment

so when if ever do we see these ideas?

Comment

so when if ever do we see these ideas?
                        Hmm.. Around the time when Civ IV comes out, and the AU is started I guess.

Comment

you just said you werent putting them in your mod

i must be more tired than i think i am
                          if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Originally posted by Cataphract887
                            you just said you werent putting them in your mod

i must be more tired than i think i am
                            That's correct. The main focus of the AU is the courses, not the AU Mod.

Comment

A lot of people do not even play with the AU mod. Im one of them. Not because I dont like it but because I use AU to help my gameplay because of the all the demogames I am in or was in.
                              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Just for my curiosity, who here is interested in helping with the AI mod?

Comment

Working...
                                X