This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ozmo:

Dale as far as many of the aussie sterotypes goes your going to have to speak for yourself. FIRSTLY MY HOMELAND IS NOT ENGLAND its all over EUROPE AS IS THE "TRADITIONAL AUSTRALIAN" however its all changing I live in Sydney and in time I think people will be saying there homeland is Asia
    Actually sorry to correct you, but over 30% of Australians still trace their roots to Great Britain. It's still the majority, no matter how "Asian" you think the big cities are getting. And the "traditional Australian" has always been, and WILL always be Great British in roots. You do realise that even up to the 1850's (when the gold rushes in Victoria changed it all) that about 95% of Australians had British heritage. Also, England still had sole landing rights up till 1840's sometime when the last convict colony closed. My roots go back to the second fleet.

So the Australian stereotype is still very Aussie-bushman with English heritage, no matter what anyone else tries to say. If your parents went to school in Australia, ask them what song they sang in monday assemblies? God save the Queen.

Pity our anthem was written by a Frenchman. It should be Waltzing Matilda.

Dale

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower

who let you out of the OTF?

noob

before I was OTF king I dominated Civ3 forum... I didn't even know there was an otf until a few months before 9-11

just look at my forum rank otf posts dont count (they did back in the day, but not since I registered)

I stayed away from civ4 forums for a while because the game was so far away, but now it's so close I can touch it!

plus Ming had me locked in the basement, but I chewed through the ropes, knocked rah out and escpaed through the window...
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

well done on the escape

Comment

Ming had me locked in the basement
          that sux sava,i feel bad for all sexually assaulted people. good job escaping
          if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Re: NO REASON TO THINK CIV4 WILL BE SPECIAL

Originally posted by ozmono1914
            Civilization IV will NOT be a great game, it will be a slight improvement over the others and just like other sequels it will be more fun initially but won't sustain a significantly enhanced gaming experience.

Firaxis is moving in the direction they wanted(to bad for me). The screen shots and many other elements look like they've managed to further streamline the CIVILIZATION series. It looks great

My only problem is that I'm going to buy this game sooner or later because a little improvement is better than none. I only wish that all of the attention spent on graphics, UserInterface was spent in important areas.

All who've played any Civ game knows the UserInterface is ALREADY easy to use, the graphics do the job fine . As far as the improvements go, some like the combat system are questionable and the rest to little to late(CTPIIhadRELIGIONwhatHAPPENED?). It seems Soren has managed to keep his promise of "simplifying simplifying simplifying" but was unable to "not change the game to dramatically" as he said in the first PRstatement about civIVwhenEVALUATINGtheSUCCESSFULtraitsOFgameFRANCH ISES
            Well you'll never know until you have the game and have played it, and neither will we...
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

The question is though...will it have mutliplayer and 7 new civilazations
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Alright, this is now out of control, and has no more useful purpose. Civil discussions of the game without spam and name-calling are welcome in the other threads.
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                X