• Show
Clear All

Entertaining yourself, Bin?
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Not only, unless you laughed at me not at the quote..
      -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

posted by ozmono1914

WHOM MENTIONED FIRAXES???? U or ME??? I thought I only mentioned the GENERAL TREND (I ACTUALLY COMPLEMENTED FIRAXIS ON DOING WHAT THEY SET OUT TO DO and the rest I just expressed my discontentment with that GENERAL TREND
        For someone whom has been a member since 2001 I would think you would encourage GOOD conversation instead of acting like the idoit you are
        I'll say one last thing before you get your wish and drive me out of this forum.
        7 of his posts later and he's still here.

posted by SirRalph

Goodbye, see you on CivFanatics then.
        Even if he hadn't said he was going to CFC, this would have been a valid point.

posted by Solver

I continue to have a problem with the reception that some new posters are getting here. One new player interested in Civ4 has already been driven away, by the immature responses of some, and I wouldn't say that this thread's starter was given a warm welcome, either.
        I disagree that it is a problem
        The problem is new members here expect that the upteen thousand registered members of Apolyton care about their pet theory and their opinion.

For example:
        posted by ozmono1914

I don't want to bicker but I won't apologize for getting defensive when being the center of jokes or being ignored
        We need the vetting process, otherwise the 13 year old children would be swamping the forum with "look at me" threads, "pay attention to me." If they're so thin skinned that they fly off the handle in response to a disagreement, why not find out right away?

I think settlers should only be allowed to post new threads in the OTF and community forum, to let them know that not too many people care about their latest idea which the forum has already hashed out a dozen times already.

Comment

I think settlers should only be allowed to post new threads in the OTF and community forum, to let them know that not too many people care about their latest idea which the forum has already hashed out a dozen times already.

I tend to disagree.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
            Not only, unless you laughed at me not at the quote..
            Just on the choice of 'name' of the person/institution you choose to complain about.
            He who knows others is wise.
            He who knows himself is enlightened.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai

I tend to disagree.
              YOU DARE TO DISAGREE WITH ME???

Last edited by H Tower; September 7, 2005, 13:22.

Comment

you 2 are dating? are you gay?
                if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

what are you talking about?
                  Last edited by H Tower; September 7, 2005, 13:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                    I tend to disagree.

Same here. For civilian and democratic reasons, and because it’s unfair, etc.

But also, I have to admit, because part of the fun is read all those amusing threads started by innocent newcomers. The reception is always awesome! It’s a very educative experience.
                    RIAA sucks
                    The Optimistas
                    I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

See, I'm protecting the fresh meat from the grinder of people like SirRalph, and you want to see them chewed up and spit out after being harassed in the first thread they every start. Who are you saying it is unfair to? The fresh meat or yourself because you won't be able to harass the new guy?

Who cares if it isn't democratic, this site, as MarkG and Ming are so fond of saying isn't democratic.

Comment

The problem is new members here expect that the upteen thousand registered members of Apolyton care about their pet theory and their opinion.

I don't think it's very wise if a person ignores the opinion of anyone who is a newcomer. I'd say it's quite natural for a person to come to the forums and post because they think they've got an interesting point - isn't that how most of us started out?
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder

Entertaining yourself, Bin?
                          The word for that is mast...... ummm yea I know, that's a family site and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver

I don't think it's very wise if a person ignores the opinion of anyone who is a newcomer. I'd say it's quite natural for a person to come to the forums and post because they think they've got an interesting point - isn't that how most of us started out?
                            Then show me a useful idea that was posted within a newcomer's first 10 posts. Because I haven't seen one.

Comment

Originally posted by Cataphract887
                              you 2 are dating? are you gay?
                              I know I ain't.
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower

Then show me a useful idea that was posted within a newcomer's first 10 posts. Because I haven't seen one.
                                I've seen old ideas with fresh changes that gives us new and valuable views on things.

Comment

Working...
                                X