Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will you read the manual before playing your first game of civ4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lemmy
    Play first, read later.

It's Civ, and you're a polytubby, do you really need a manual?
    Me to.

Comment

I'll play a couple of games first, then go back to see if I miss anything. Or if I find something I don't recognise, I'll go look it up.

This assumes I actually buy the game, of course.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Depends on whether it is released in my country as early as the US doesn't it? I might have a flick through otherwise...I actually remember reading the Civ2 manual on the bus going back home
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I'm waiting to read who the playtesters where

what about a talking manual ?

listen to it on your i-popd
          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Does anybody actually knows if there is a descent manual included? (like Alpha Centauri, Civ 3). I hate PDF files. What kind of boxes they use to sell the game? I like an old great box with a good manual and 'goodies'. DVD boxes are to cheap for a game as this one!

Comment

Originally posted by MrSnoid
                I like an old great box with a good manual and 'goodies'. DVD boxes are to cheap for a game as this one!
                It's the exact opposite for me. I prefer DVD boxes, looks more professionel than the stupid old huge box that's going to end in the trash as soon as the CD is out of the box...
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio

It's the exact opposite for me. I prefer DVD boxes, looks more professionel than the stupid old huge box that's going to end in the trash as soon as the CD is out of the box...
                  Ditto. DVD boxes all the way. But a DVD box of the thick kind with a good manual is even better.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                  X