No announcement yet.

Apolyton Weekly Survey III: New Feautures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's no doubt that things like reduced MM and the improved resource system and health look to be great ideas but;

I chose to civics model, with increased modding a close second (looks like the top 2 in the poll so far) because these are elements that without them - we couldn't build upon them.

The new combat features run third because they seem to add depth to that element of the game, which was sorely needed and eliminates the SOD as the only path to victory.

The modding is obviously crucial to the possibilities of the game, but the game has to start out in a 'balanced' place with key elements like the civics model making up the core gameplay.

As for the rest and why they didn't get my vote;
    I like the great people, but as yet I don't understand why a great military leader or general can't be included.

I won't use MP as much as SP - but I like the sound of the MP options and the fact that it means most games won't end with drop-outs or the same sort of massive slowdown.

I like the idea of the tech tree giving variety to the game, but I play for realism and I don't undestand how you can achieve the next technology with only one of the crucial lead up technologies. Minor gripe.

And I'm not yet sold on the religion concept - it will probably be good for civ, but I feel there needs to be more options to lessen the role of religion in modern civis beyond the 'Freedom of Religion' civc.

There are other things I like that I can't think of and there are small concerns, but all in all I can't wait to get my hands on Civ 4.

Comment

While religion, great leaders, flexible tech trees and unit upgrades all look great, the most important feature for me is going to be civics.

That's the only thing which I sorely missed from CivIII and which seemed like a step backwards from the SE system in SMAC.
      The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
      - Frank Herbert

Comment

I just finished my first and last C&C game playing Byzantines. And what I want is a more intelligent AI. Later game (cosmic age one) is extremely boring due to the infinite army sprawl (IAS). There is nothing but army to build, and everybody builds it en masse. Actually I found it challenging not to conquer everybody. Excluding Germans. Those pushed around 30 panzers per turn against poor Aztecs, so that I had to help the latter with tech.

Later game is so extremely boring in Civ3. Main reasons
        1) You can became top tech seller
        2) After electricity you finish all railroad tasks immediately, and it takes centuries for AI to railroad the land and to build hospitals
        3) You win wars in one shot by blitzkrieg
        4) there is no challenge (just boring manual building in every city)

Comment

I am looking for better diplomacy system, and reduction of MM.
          The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
          certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
          -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

Re: Apolyton Weekly Survey III: New Feautures

Originally posted by Solver
            Which new or improved feautures in Civ4 are you most looking forward to?
            Modability

D

Comment

Combat, because I hope this will increase the later game combat fun (no more SOD and wipe an enemy out in a single turn)

Comment

Working...
              X