Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three months is a long time to scratch the civ itch - apply for a copy of CtP2 & AoM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So does this mean it's fr33 w4r3s?
    Sweet. =)

Comment

• Just to clarify, AOM and AOM II have always been free of charge for the material provided. I only sought cost recovery for shipping discs where people could not download.

However, you still require a copy of the original CTP 2 game to play AOM/AOM II. That is a condition of the software licese agreement and has never been contravened.

Comment

• Due to lightening I had to shut down all computers for 12 hours.

I have uploaded the Later starting Date changes, a new 500 AD start game and a shorter version of the grand campaign (20% shorter). I have done my best to balance the timelines but they will not be quiet as good as the main campaign.

I also made a few other quick changes that are in the readme. Some of them were going to be in AOM III but as they were quick and easy, I included them in this release.

No one will ever say the KING is useless again.

Do not load these files if you want to finish your current game first. Changes to message strings will muck up your existing messages.

Enjoy.

Link; http://www.theagesofman.net/

Comment

• Just a note to wish everyone a merry xmas and thank them for supporting AOM.

AOM III is well under way and I promise it will as different to AOM in diplomacy/religion and ai attacks as civ3 was to civ 2.

Not too mention a couple new concepts and many minor tweaks thrown up by other peoples gameplay experience.

Comment

• AOM III Movie Trailer now available.

Comment

• Congrats, Stan!
              I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

• That was great ! I enjoyed that trailer and it had a perfect ending. Well done Stan .

Comment

• 4th Part of Audio Interview with Stan.

Last Installment of the ideas behind the Ages of Man.

Comment

• The Draft AOM IIII readme is available from here.

Final polishing is under way for AOM III.

Comment

• I have just uploaded the revised AOM III update folder to here.

22 MB approximately.

Enjoy.

Comment

• I think there is a problem with the Apolyton database. Had a series of errors over the last 24 hours, then a message to say there is a response to this thread, but there is no response.

Comment

• Yes, there have been severe technical problems with Apolyton yesterday.
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• I still harbour plans to run a competition to find the world champion at AOM III. The last test of AOM III was so stable, I believe it is viable.

I will of course, not be participating.

I have successfully removed the cheat editor from a competition test game. I will also write some code to include in the competition version that will show if the player has still managed to use the cheat editor or reloaded slic.

The competition game would be a saved game at the start of turn 1. It would come as an installer program that would automatically install the files in an AOM III game and you take it from there. I cannot stop people from going back to saves, but otherwise, it will be a real competition.

It will be tough. Tough to win. Surviving, even building a reasonable empire, will not get you a win. You will have to build the largest and longest lived empire of all time.

Apolyton have kindly agreed to match a cash prize of $50.00 Australian from me (total $100.00), and I will be also providing a small trophy.

The end game, when you reach the required score, will be sent to me for checking. The winner will be the person who achieves it in the shortest time. My version of the game will display certain secret integers and code that tell me if people have used cheat mode or reloaded slic.

I am going overseas in just under 4 weeks for 2 months. When I return, I will launch the competition.

Comment

Working...
                            X