Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removed Features & Replacements: Maintenance, Corruption/Waste, Rioting & Pollution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Last Conformist
    Only near or between population centers.

Granted. But unless they change the settlement incitaments, everywhere is gonna be near a population centre by then.
    If Firaxis allows cities on almost all land tiles, I will change it like I did with Civ3 (desert, tundra, jungle, optionally even forest).

Comment

Yeah, let's just make trade irrelevant. No caravans, no roads. Why bother to keep anything from the original Civ except the name?

This is a least-common-denominator game now. No attention span required. That's what sells.
      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Do I detect a hint of anger there?
        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
        2004 Presidential Candidate
        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Caravans were a disgrace anyway.
          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
          X