No announcement yet.

Are you excited about civ 4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Maquiladora; June 16, 2005, 01:01.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
      You have to read my post carefully; I said I cannot be excited about what I don't know.

I know that CivIV is coming out. I'm not excited about that.
      I have seen all of CivIV's screenshots and gameplay deatils. I am not excited about them either.

I CAN base my excitement on assumptions and/or expectations, but history has taught me well to avoid doing this.
      You're not unexcited, you're just underexcited.
      GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

Absolutely.
        "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

I'd just like to point out to Cybershy that the two people who 'whined' before you posted your first post, were not actually whining, we were just stating the fact that we were interested, but not excited.
          you forget about KyuuA4's post, right above mine.
          He already knows that he's not going to buy the game
          Only because the game has not enough civs to start with.

For me, I cannot be excited about something I don't know; agree?
          Most of the time people get less excited when they learn more

In due time my apprentice, you will learn to master the art of posting on forums.
          Oh and posting a lot does not make you experienced, it just makes you loud.
          Yeah, that art is: complain about everything.
          I'm very eager to learn that to since apparantly right now I'm really not a part of the club
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Some point in the not-so-distant future legions of sociologists, political scientists and literary scholars will pore over stuff like this and make grand judgements about our society and the times it which it found itself.

... ...

Hey, that means I may yet win a Nobel.

(Hooray for relative performance! )
            "The human race would have perished long ago if its preservation had depended only on the reasoning of its members." - Rousseau
            "Vorwärts immer, rückwärts nimmer!" - Erich Honecker
            "If one has good arms, one will always have good friends." - Machiavelli

Comment

i'm all about change, but the problem is this. Civ2 is the perfect game. The only problem with it is that not enough people play multiplayer.civ4 is going to be another game that is intended to appeal to a huge audience, which civ2 was not.
              "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Well flame me, blame me, kill me - I'm excited. The next step in Civ evolution is coming, and so far the series has not let me down. Of course each instalment is different from the rest, of course some features will be no more - but there will be so many new things to play with!

We will have to create new strategies based on the new possibilities, get used to the new 3D engine - I think it's going to be enormously fun, and I trust Soren and the team at Firaxis to make it good. If it's not, shame on them and we'll keep playing Civ1, 2 and/or 3 depending on each player's taste... it's as simple as that.
                "Give me a soft, green mushroom and I'll rule the world!" - TheArgh
                "No battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy." - Murphy's law
                Anthéa, 5800 pixel wide extravaganza (french)

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                  Oh my
                  After the first months of enthousiasm finally the negative feelings have entered the board.

All is looking bright on the cIV front, but of course internet wouldn't be the internet if there wouldn't be huge ammounts of people who can't resist to only spread negative feelings, even BEFORE a release.

Never enough huh. Never satisfied.
                  It doesn't matter how good something is, some people will always voice their criticism. Things need to be exactly done the way they want it to be done.

Get a life, enjoy your life, instead of bashing and critisizing your way through it.

Please move over from this messageboard and don't poison it. In fact: please disconnect from the internet. I'm ashamed for being part of this "never enough / never satisfied" race.
                  So I just found out about Civ IV and I can't make a comment? I can't say how displeased I was with Civ III and I am letting the creators\publishers\who ever is in charge that I will not be suckered in again with Civ IV.

I am letting them know of our or at least my displeasure what happened before and I will not rush in and get Civ IV this time unless it's really great that it lives up to the hype, unlike vanilla Civ III and I don't want to wait for patches or xpacs to make the game just good.

I am sorry that you feel this way about my post, but because of people like me voicing our displeasure YOU will have a great game in CIV IV hopefully.

The days of buying a game as soon as it comes out are gone, so I believe the intial days sale of Civ IV will not even come close to what was Civ III. People do not want to be disapointed again.

onto reading the other posts now

Comment

Originally posted by Solver

The original post in that thread is simply wrong, and a classic case of judging before the release. It really amazes me anone can already know that Civ4 will turn out bad if the game hasn't been released yet, heck, there is not even a single preview of a close-to-gold version, because the game is another half a year away from its release.
                    What is wrong with my post? All I said was that I am not excited about Civ IV. I couldn't sleep the months before Civ III was going to be released, as I believe almost everyone else was. I bought it the day it came out, and was disapointed with vanilla Civ III, just like most people are.

I didn't say the game sucked, didn't say I wasn't going to buy it, all I said was that I wasn't excited about it, and was wundering how others opnion was.

When Civ III was in development, everyone couldn't wait, we all just died in torment waiting for the game,(figure of speach).

I just don't have it for Civ IV, and letting the people who care in the development and publishers know it, so they better be carefull and not screw up this game.

Comment

Yolky, I was not referring to your original post in this thread. I was refering to http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=135078
                      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Kaak
                        i'm all about change, but the problem is this. Civ2 is the perfect game.

this is why I don't take the naysayers seriously

Comment

Originally posted by Trifna
                          Yolky, I propose that you put your hand on Soren's Powerpoint. Give a look at CivFanatics website if you want it, since I know it's there.

It's very interesting, and showing their vision of Civ just as how it works in the gaming business on many interesting aspects.

I expect a sunny future
                          I am sorry, I forget who Soren is. Name sounds familiar but can't remeber who he is.

As I said I will give Civ IV a try but I won't go out and buy it right away. I might wait till the price to come down or at least I will wait a month after the release and read the reviews and mostly troll the forums and read peoples comments.

What I guess I am trying to say is what happened from Civ III and MOO III, I will wait and see before I buy a game right away as soon as it comes out. I will wait a month or so, and then after reading peoples comments I might not get the game.

I assume(could be wrong though) there are alot of Civers with my attitude now and the powers at be for Civ IV better becarfull this time around.

davor

Comment

You have to read my post carefully; I said I cannot be excited about what I don't know.

I know that CivIV is coming out. I'm not excited about that.
                            I have seen all of CivIV's screenshots and gameplay deatils. I am not excited about them either.

I CAN base my excitement on assumptions and/or expectations, but history has taught me well to avoid doing this.
                            WOW someone who understands me. That is what I am getting at. I am not saying the game suck, or not getting it. I am saying from previous experinances that I can't be excited about Civ IV like I was for Civ III.

Why do people keep saying I am bashing the game? Where did I bash the game? There is a difference from not being excited for the game,( I can wait anthour 4 years before the game is released) and saying the games sucks wich I never did.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                              Yolky, I was not referring to your original post in this thread. I was refering to http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=135078
                              sorry wasn't directed at you but the other guys

Comment

I'm trying not to think about it, since the teapot starts boiling quicker if your not watching it.

Comment

Working...
                                X