Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thus spoke the Godz

Comment

Youre the one telling people to STFU because their opinion differs from yours...

No, I say that people who just come here for baseless whining and complaining should shut up.
      For some people that's the same as what you say. But for others it's not.

Just stop the whining about something that's not released yet.
      Why it spoiles our fun? Because in several weeks / months this forum will be flooded by people like them. Whining and crying how cIV is not like cIIIv or cIIv or cIv.
      And how it does not fit their imagination. And how they are angry because the flemish, the scots, the swedes, the south-albanian or the italian are not in the game.

Markos: Maybe a good idea to make a "Baseless complaining thread" in which everybody is allowed to complain in every baseless way he/she wants!
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Alright CyberShy, we all got your point, and enough is enough.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Re: Are you excited about civ 4?

Originally posted by Yolky
          I am not. I didn't even know that civ 4 was coming out until stumbling on it on gamespot by accident. After a few weeks I fianly came over here to see if it was true.

I see it is but can't be excited for it, after so being disapointed with Civ3 and other games.
          Fair enough. If you did not like the previous ones, why should you bother with the new one? Same applies to any kind of games.

But, why did you go here at all, if you do not care about CIV? Seems to me like a slight contradiction.

Originally posted by Yolky
          Are you guys and galls excited about Civ 4 and why or why not?
          Yes, very much so. I just love the series' complexity, which I fail to find in any other game of this kind (save for MOO, but that is a different game in many ways).
          Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

yup, I'm really excited about the game, and I can't wait to get the CD. I'll even pre-order it from America to get it ASAP (if CIV is going to be released in America prior to being released in Europe).

I hope AU can really get a grasp of the modability of the game. If they can, then this game can last for literally decades.
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Civilization 2 was my first civ game and I couldnt stop playing it for about a year.
              I think its hard to recapture that kind of excitment over a game but maybe Civ4 will bring some of it back.
              After all who else is making turn base startegy games like this that we want to invest are time in . Maybe Galciv2.

Comment

Yes I am

Bring it on
                Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Get a grip, dude. This is the Civ IV forum, not the Masturbate Over Civ IV Nonstop forum. Sorry if we're killing your fun, but you're welcome to not read our posts.
                  Visit The Frontier for all your geopolitical, historical, sci-fi, and fantasy forum gaming needs.

Comment

It's also not the "whine that Civ IV isn't exactly like Civ II" forum. Those sorts of complaints seem to be the majority, maybe edged out by "whine that Civ IV isn't exactly like CtP2".

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                      Youre the one telling people to STFU because their opinion differs from yours...

No, I say that people who just come here for baseless whining and complaining should shut up.
                      Say it till youre blue in the face, but it aint gonna happen.
                      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I'd just like to point out to Cybershy that the two people who 'whined' before you posted your first post, were not actually whining, we were just stating the fact that we were interested, but not excited.

For me, I cannot be excited about something I don't know; agree?

In due time my apprentice, you will learn to master the art of posting on forums.
                        Oh and posting a lot does not make you experienced, it just makes you loud.
                        be free

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                          Say it till youre blue in the face, but it aint gonna happen.
                          That's true for 99.9% of all discussions here. Point?

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                            For me, I cannot be excited about something I don't know; agree?
                            No. It's quite possible.

Comment

I agree, you get excited about things before you get them. I mean, you'll be excited to play the first game, you'll be excited during the game, but once it's finished you won't be excited about it anymore, you'll be excited about the next game you're going to play.

However, there is over excitement. Expecting this to be the civ to end all civs is not an option, some people want something similar to civ2 some want something like ctp2 and a lot of the polls are like 50-50 on some features. So I can agree that not everyone will get what they want.
                              GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

You have to read my post carefully; I said I cannot be excited about what I don't know.

I know that CivIV is coming out. I'm not excited about that.
                                I have seen all of CivIV's screenshots and gameplay deatils. I am not excited about them either.

I CAN base my excitement on assumptions and/or expectations, but history has taught me well to avoid doing this.
                                be free

Comment

Working...
                                X