No announcement yet.

Apolyton Weekly Survey I: Grade The Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mediocre. Why? 1. Have not heard anything about a MAC version. 2. Civilization III was a disaster.

I hope it turns out to be magnificent though. Why? Because Civilization II Gold Multiplayer is the best game ever, I would say.

Comment

Frankly, I'd rank it higher if it was announced that there wouldn't be a Mac port - less useless coding

Comment

10 - Magnificient

Comment

After everything I´ve learned about CIV4: Civ is exactly developping towards my "Dream Civ", but:

!!!THIS SILLY SILLY SILLY 3DGRAPHICS!!!! I REALLY HATE THEM WITH A GAME LIKE CIV!!!

And: WHY WHY WHY has the number of CIVS been reduced??? Where are my dear Maya, Iroquois and Celts?

Comment

Don't judge the 3D graphics like that, we haven't seen the game yet. And from the E3 videos, they at least provide very nice zooming capabilities. You can zoom out and have an isometric style 2D view, and play like that.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

certainly will be interesting to get the game
              Gurka 17, People of the Valley
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by THAWonderland
                After everything I´ve learned about CIV4: Civ is exactly developping towards my "Dream Civ", but:

!!!THIS SILLY SILLY SILLY 3DGRAPHICS!!!! I REALLY HATE THEM WITH A GAME LIKE CIV!!!

And: WHY WHY WHY has the number of CIVS been reduced??? Where are my dear Maya, Iroquois and Celts?

The game is more diverse than PtW, if you'd actually read about it. And since you can do a topdown view, whinging about it being 3D is just ignorant.

Comment

18 (civ4) - 16 civ3 = a surplus of 2 civs according to my math. Trig kinda threw me but I'm pretty good with the whole adding and subtracting thing.

Besides I would rather have 8 civs and the ability to mod the hell out of a really good game then 64 civs that all play the same and not be able to mod untill the third expansion pack.

We are in an age where preset things out of the box are pointless. I mean when you play the sims, do you want to play some preset maxis sims or do you want to create your own? preset houses or custom built houses? Preset civs or your civ? I mean other than leader bonuses the civs are pretty much generic, it's the religion and government decisions that will make the difference.
                  GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

[yoda]despite your name, correctly you speak[/yoda
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

i voted 8, i hate to get my hopes up after the disappointment that was civ 3
                      "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

I vote 7 feel the graphics are ok but I need to see more previews with new pictures . Could be a 9 or 10 put need more info on diplomacy as this is a major factor . Felt diplomacy in Civ3 was too one sided and didnt enjoy the game after awhile. Diplomacy is the cornerstone of Civ as this is where you meet the AI to see how smart it is.

Comment

has anyone seen a poll more voted on than this ?

no terrible or pathetic votes
                          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

May as well be polling people asking them how much they are falling for the pre-release hype. It would be interesting to poll again a month after the release and compare the results.
                            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                            2004 Presidential Candidate
                            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

That'll be certainly done!
                              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                              X