No announcement yet.

Apolyton Weekly Survey I: Grade The Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

voted 5,but would have voted 10 if you asked what i thought about its modability(instead of the game)
    if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

8, and if it does deliver what is being reported it will, the score will be higher.
      Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
      ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
        9 - Fantastic
        why do you think it's mediocer, based on the current information?

I think it's great (8) at least because:
        - 3D looks good (wrong 1st argument, oh well...)
        - religion concept looks great
        - resource system looks great
        - improved resource improvements on terrain looks great
        - new combat system looks great
        - more diplomacy options look great
        - multiplayer appears to be working and good
        there's more, but this comes to mind first.

I wonder how people can think the game is mediocer at this moment. Of course you're allowed to, but I hope you can explain why.
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

8. I have a few concerns about issues such as Workers, possible diplomacy weaknesses (lack of tech-for-gold trades?) and such, but overall, I am very excited, and I believe Civ4 will deliver .
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Cyber: Did you by any chance quote the wrong post?
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Niolia: no change at all, I'm flawless
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Such a survey is biased on such a site.

I voted 8...
                M. le Comte

Comment

Originally posted by M. le Comte
                  Such a survey is biased on such a site.
                  Then you weren't around when Civ3 in the run-up to Civ3's release
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I vote 8

A lot of great info, now its up to the playfo

Another poll after its release and played to see how votes change?
                    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus Rex
                      Another poll after its release and played to see how votes change?
                      Indeed. In fact, we'll probably be doing this poll at least once more before release as well, in a few months or so.

Comment

Based on limited knowledge, I voted 6 (fair). Something tells me they are going to rush the game to get it out in time for Christmas and the AI will not be any significant improvement over the AI of the past games.

I do, however, like where they are going with the series with this latest incarnation and am gradually persuading myself that it will be worth it to shill out money for a brand new computer game for the first time in a while.

EDIT: But then again, this is a silly poll. If we were not in the least bit enthused about Civ IV, we would not be posting here in the first place.
                        Visit The Frontier for all your geopolitical, historical, sci-fi, and fantasy forum gaming needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                          Indeed. In fact, we'll probably be doing this poll at least once more before release as well, in a few months or so.
                          The only thing that could bring my vote down would be if the promised editing abilities are massively scaled down

Comment

Voted '9'

So far I've seen very few things I'm not fond about, au contrair, so based on that...
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus

Then you weren't around when Civ3 in the run-up to Civ3's release
                              True, but I do think that back then, all everyone wanted was civ2 with better graphics, any change was considered heressy.
                              I remember very clearly a thread called 'your first civ3 game' in which most people said they would play one game with traits - to ee what's it's all about - and then turn them off as it was not 'CIV'.
                              Now people have come to grips with the fact that changes can be fun.

On the other hand, expectations are probably lower now (because of CIV3) than they were when CIV3 came onto the horizon.
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I'm a lurker at TrekBBS (the Star Trek fan forum), and although noone who's not a fairly hardcore Trekkie will use that board, you'd be surprised by the abysmal rating many Trek films, episodes and even entire series get, even from such a hardcore fanbase. Hardcore fans can still be critical, they are often more so than casual fans, who don't even take the effort of visiting fansites.

And I think that if Firaxis had been a bit more conservative with the modding info and if the graphics been slightly less impressive -- in other words, had this poll been held a few weeks before rather than a few weeks after E3, I think the outcome could've been very different. In fact, a few months ago, the overall atmosphere in this forum was downright negative: ugly graphics, little info, the game was being "dumbed down", people not believing MP would be included out-of-the-box because they 'lied' last time, etc. It's really only in the last weeks that things have changed...

Also, this poll will become more interesting as you hold it more often (before and after the game's release) and you can see how the results change over time (it's a pity noone held such a poll a few months ago).

Comment

Working...
                                X