No announcement yet.

Gamereactor video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, if you use the second link I gave above, you must watch a commercial before watching the real movie. For some reason, probably because I copied the url after the commercial was shown when I started this thread, the commercial doesn't show when clicking on the link in the opeing post.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
      - Defensive terrain bonuses have been simplified. You only get them on Forest, Jungle and Hills.
      And mountains, I guess. But generally, I like this change - makes calculating battle odds easier.
      "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

The video isn't working for me either.

Seems that at first it was free, but then it became available only for the subscribers.

Those who currently see it, loaded it earlier to their browser cache, and are now watching it from there?
        Railroading since 2008.

Comment

Thats my guess too. I get a subscription signup demand if I try to get to that video via the site main page. The direct links play nothing.
          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
          H.Poincaré

Comment

The longer units are fortified, the bigger the defensive bonus they get: being fortified for 5 turns gives a 25% bonus (the max)
            Locutus

That's a great feature, just like what some wargames simulate!
            signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

If the same happens on hills and forest/jungle tiles, defensive units on those tiles might become almighty without using some siege equipment first.
              He who knows others is wise.
              He who knows himself is enlightened.
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
                If the same happens on hills and forest/jungle tiles, defensive units on those tiles might become almighty without using some siege equipment first.
                I'm sure there is an upper limit, but it might be good to need siege units. Of course, we don't know yet what the negative health factors might be in the jungle.

Comment

I think health might be a city-only thing.

Comment

HEALTH might be a city only thing, but jungles might still have the 'disease' feature from Civ3. Or, at least, I HOPE SO!!!!

Yours,
                    Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

If that is indeed the case for rooting out units fortified on hills/mountains than maybe the designers do want us to build more siege units.

Many players in Civ3 don't tend to build a lot of siege units but I think they are extremely usefull even if they don't have lethal bombardment.
                      signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Working...
                      X