Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
    Not on mountains?
    That's because (most) combat units cannot move onto mountains.

P.S., No I don't really know that. Wouldn't be disappointed, though.

Comment

There's vast ways in which you could improve on it to make it more demogame-like, though.

Comment

I saw a "Jewish Temple" city improvement.
        That's actually nothing new.
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

There's vast ways in which you could improve on it to make it more demogame-like, though.
          True. But at least this is closer than previous versions of Civ, by far. Full control over one civ for many players would be even better, of course...
          Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Yes, but you said as close as civ can get. I'm thinking of editing it so that, say, it could be integrated with a forum and/or chatroom, and have a persistent server kind of like the PBEM thing, so that the ministers can just log on and do stuff.

Comment

Yes, but you said as close as civ can get. I'm thinking of editing it so that, say, it could be integrated with a forum and/or chatroom, and have a persistent server kind of like the PBEM thing, so that the ministers can just log on and do stuff.
              Well, all you really need to do that is have the ability to save a PBEM during the turn (along with protection against reloads, obviously). Worked in SMAC, so I guess it would not be a problem to have it done this way in CIV.

But what I meant, and what I find so interesting, is the possibility for players to interact simultaneously. I mean someone working on city infrastructure while I move the units (or the other way around). This cooperative mode gets close to the idea if players use specialized cities (or rather specialized civs). But, from what we know so far, it still lacks the possibility of running a single country in multiplayer (not PBEM). This can be simulated in the way described for a PBEM, but the feeling would be much different if you could actually see things moving while you do your stuff.
              Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Is it just me or does the video stream not work any more?
                XBox Live: VovanSim
                xbox.com (login required)
                Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                Spore page

Comment

Its not just you.
                  To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                  H.Poincaré

Comment

damn, missed!
                    be free

Comment

Weird. Try opening it through this page, and click on the link saying "GRTV: Vi ser på Civilization IV". Then you open a commercial video and then the video opens. Works fine for me.
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Hmmm... OTOH, the original link works fine for me too.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Works for me too.

Comment

it plays only the comm. video for me! grrr...

Comment

Wait a minute or two. I had to wait that long after the commercial video the first time for some reason.

Comment

Commercial?

Comment

Working...
                                X