Two Leaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KyuuA4

As opposed to past scenarios involving Catherine the Great vs Otto von Bismark... WTF was that?!
    No freaking kidding! Elizabeth I allied with Abraham Lincoln against Tokugawa Ieyasu? VOMIT!
    The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
    "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
    "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
    The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander01

Well, actually she married a man named Feroze Gandhi. See, over there, the name Gandhi's about as common as Smith. Her dad was Jawaharlal Nehru.
      Did you/are you major in History or even graduate school in history?

Related to majoring in history, didn't Soren major in History before he got his Masters in CS? Following that, you would assume Soren would be able to add a lot of historical depth among the design issues, such as the leaders.
      However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Originally posted by TechWins

Did you/are you major in History or even graduate school in history?

Related to majoring in history, didn't Soren major in History before he got his Masters in CS? Following that, you would assume Soren would be able to add a lot of historical depth among the design issues, such as the leaders.
        Yes I am.
        "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
        "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
        The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Heck, I'd like a full WWII scenario with appropriate leaderheads provided -- Hitler, Stalin, Churchill, Roosevelt, Tojo, DeGaulle, Chiang, etc.
          I have high hopes that this will come to pass when the game hits the community!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
          http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Nope. It's not "PC" enough. Though they certainly haven't had a problem including Stalin and Mao in the past, both of whom butchered more people than Hitler ever did. (Not that that would justify ol' Adolf's inclusion, rather, it cries for the disclusion of the other two).
            Quit whining. For chrissake, it's not gonna change anything and it starts to get a little irritating after the 2000th discussion...

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom
              Well a unified Mongol Empire under one leader might have been realtively short-lived, but the effects of Mongol or Turkic-Mongol civilization are much longer lasting.

Today, the Iranians say that their country's ancient irrigation systems never recovered from the destruction of the Khwarizm khanate and the rump Abbasid domains in the Middle East.

The Mongol destruction of Baghdad wrecked an ages-old centre of learning, science and culture, irreparably.

The Mongols shattered the growing Russian city states, destroyed the flower of East European chivalry in battle and were on the point of threatening Central and Western Europe- imagine a Europe with no Renaissance, north or south.

The Mongol dynasty of Kublai Khan in China was world famous, although even it had its limitations, seeing defeat in Srivijaya, the jungles of South East Asia and Japan. Presumably the moral being don't venture beyond the natural capability of steppe horsemen fighting units.

The Timurid and Moghul Mongol successor states are also reasonably well-known, as is the Golden Horde in Russian history. In fact, the Mongols hindered Russian advancement greatly.
              Yes, but you can't have a Great Leader of Historical Aftereffects.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

Yes, but you can't have a Great Leader of Historical Aftereffects.

Oddly enough, can't see that I suggested we should have.
                Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

We're talking about 2 leaders for the Mongols. KyuuA4 said that the Mongol's empire lasted only about 100 years - then you mentioned, in reply, that they had vast effects outside of that 100 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

Quit whining. For chrissake, it's not gonna change anything and it starts to get a little irritating after the 2000th discussion...
                    Whining? I don't care what they decide to do. I just like being facetious because it amuses me.

Comment

Working...
                    X