Simple "Supply" System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alms66
    I can think of several reasons why it wouldn't be, but I'm curious, what is yours?
    They ignored it completely in Civ3.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by The_Aussie_Lurker
      You get absolutely no argument from me whatsoever, Sophist. [...]

Yours,
      Aussie_Lurker.
      Agree completely. Just want to add, that this operating range should be

1) modifiable for each scenario (Scenario Earth vs scenario Mesopotamia, or Early Europe)

2) larger for ships, then for land units. Or the same in turns, but ships should move faster.

3) Explorers should have no such range.

Yaroslav

Comment

Scouts at 4000 BC

Originally posted by The_Aussie_Lurker

4) Leaving early exploration to scouts will make expansionist civs much better value to play (they are currently useless).

Yours,
        Aussie_Lurker.
        I do not think there should be early scouts at all. I do not know very many early scouts in history anyway, save for Phoenicians, Argonauts, and some Chinese folks travelling to Middle Asia.

There are other good ways to make expansionist trait attractive, such as

1) decrease their cost for settlers
        2) decrease their cost for Granaries, Aqueducts and Hospitals
        3) increase the speed of their Settlers to 2 units per turn.
        4) increase operating range compared to standard

If we adopt all four suggestions, that will already be too much. So, there are alternatives.

Having more than one available scout at start is too much for expansionists, as it makes exploration boring for non-expansionist civs.

If I were to chose, my expansionists would have to pay 50% of the cost of settler, and increased by 30% operating range.

Yaroslav

Comment

Half cost settlers would be a HUGE advantage... I don't think anyone would go for that, unless you like to play on Chieftan though you can win at Sid, that is. ;D

Comment

Working...
          X