Does Civ4 required Internet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Civ4 required Internet?

I hope not because I have Wireless that give me 1 Mbps to 36 Mbps even Guild Wars work well on 56Mbps but it's dont give me clear PvP, so I rather not have required a internet, I have ton fun playing with A.I Civ2 to Civ3, I'm looking forward this Civ4 if not required internet. I knew no one play PC game in my home town so that's why I'm play with A.I all myselt, poor me! : )

No, of course not. MP will be included, but the focus is, as always, the SP game.

Comment

Comment

Of course it'll require the Internet, how else are you supposed to get all the patches
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

What I mean is "Dose Civ4 require internet in order to play?" this better be no! As for patch, I download patch from other compter that give me up to 100 mbps and burning cd then I put cd in my gameing computer that give me 1 mbps that's is not worth it download, 23 hours, or time-out or ect... copy patch from there and upgrade Civ4, but hope it's bugfree however, it's should be!

Comment

The answer is still no.
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
            2004 Presidential Candidate
            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Civ4 will be a Single player game at its core. This is why there is such an effort on the artificial intelligence. You will not require the internet to play it.
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I already 'cry' about it because that statement fits 90% of all games
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Com'on people. Just save up some bucks for the download if you're on Dial-In, and spam a bit less you know where if it's a limited volume thing with your provider.
                  He who knows others is wise.
                  He who knows himself is enlightened.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Of course not. Civ is still a SP game, and I am much more interested in SP than MP despite having proper Internet access.

But yeah, patches and Apolyton are requirements for Civ .
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

/me thinks MMOTBS
                      XBox Live: VovanSim
                      xbox.com (login required)
                      Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                      Spore page

Comment

Originally posted by vovan
                        * vovan thinks MMOTBS
                        Democracy games .
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
                          I already 'cry' about it because that statement fits 90% of all games
                          Care to let me know the 10%? I thought it was more like 1% if you exclude consoles...
                          Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

The other 10% are abandoned and never get patched
                            <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                            Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Originally posted by vovan
                              * vovan thinks MMOTBS
                              I believe it has been tried before, sort of.

Comment

Working...
                              X