Regarding unit size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modo, compare this with this

Doesn´t the units look a bit bigger in the second one visavi the terrain compared to the first one?
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Zoidberg
      Modo, compare this with this

Doesn?t the units look a bit bigger in the second one visavi the terrain compared to the first one?
      Not really. Compare these two screenies:

GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

and

GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

Consider the horsemen to the west of Hastings. Compared to the trees, they look exactly the same, the trees being just above the horses' bellies.

Vovan
      XBox Live: VovanSim
      xbox.com (login required)
      Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
      Spore page

Comment

Damn, you might be right...

Comment

Yes, it seems that the camera angles can play tricks here. But it is also possible that the screenies were taken with some different settings (whether available in-game, I do not know...). Or maybe the zoom function itself changes something, depending on the zoom level. I say this because the foot units on a zoomed-in screenshot seem smaller (compared to the trees) than the ones on the zoomed-out screenies.

Take a look at those two screenies to see what I mean:

Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

That´s it. I´m going to bed...

Comment

There's quite some unit action in the video. I think it looks pretty solid
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Thanks for the link Spiffor. You're right, cool unit action! Clearly some animation advances have been incorporated. Looks very interesting. Clearly I'm going to buy this game.

However, I still think the units are a bit large for the landscape, but maybe that's just me.....
                Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

I like the unit size. It looks especially nice with many units on the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
                    Thanks for the link Spiffor. You're right, cool unit action! Clearly some animation advances have been incorporated. Looks very interesting. Clearly I'm going to buy this game.

However, I still think the units are a bit large for the landscape, but maybe that's just me.....
                    Me wants it now!!
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                    X