Regarding unit size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding unit size

I'm talking Civ 4, not us, so zip it up.

To me, the units look massive. What I would like would be either a slider or option to make the units smaller. Right now everything looks gigantic vs the world.

Does anyone else have feelings on this subject?
    ----
    "I never let my schooling get in the way of my education" -Mark Twain

I don't like it either

infact if I had it my way, mountains would be 100X bigger and units 2X smaller
    be free

Comment

Snoopy, you usally do have it your way...
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Ive seen screenshots were the ratio terrain/unit size was perfect.
        Owww, I'm so cute! ^_^

Comment

I personally don't see me careing much. As long as my tanks can beat the giant spearmen I'll be content.
          GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

Snoopy, check your PMs already.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

why not have some units in the same multi unit be smaller/taller
              than each other
              anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                I don't like it either

infact if I had it my way, mountains would be 100X bigger and units 2X smaller

Comment

The units did look a bit big, I don´t like it. It looks all wrong...
                  I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

You can't really put proportion into a game like this, e.g. A battleship is significantly bigger than a marine, and a tank is alot larger than a spearman. If you did make everything in proportion, your soldiers will be so small as to be indesquitishable.... indesernabible. unrecognisable from each other.
                    Hehe....burr.

Looshkin's Lair

Comment

I think that if the units were on the same scale as the resources (or at least the cows outside of St. Petersburg in the IGN screenshots) that everything would be fine.

But my guess is that they'll look fine if you zoom out enough. In all of the screens we've seen (excpet the globes) the camera seems much closer than it ever was in Civ 3. Zoomed out to views we're more used to might make the units look better.

Comment

Personally I like the unit size. Makes them easier to see, especially the detail. Now just make the terrain bigger in proportion and we have something.
                        signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

It would appear like the units are such that the trees are up to their knees, and cows are about the size of their head. While it most certainly is impossible to have correct proportions, maybe making the terrain at least about twice bigger would make sense. But of course, you never know till you actually play it, whether it works out or not.
                          XBox Live: VovanSim
                          xbox.com (login required)
                          Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                          Spore page

Comment

BTW, you will be able to zoom in and out, so dont cry.
                            Owww, I'm so cute! ^_^

Comment

That's the thing about Civ3 that really ticked me off. In Civ2 you could zoom up or down very nicely. I think that STRONGLY contributed to playability. I'm glad to see that something like this is being included in cIV.
                              Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Working...
                              X