No announcement yet.

(newish) Interesting Screenshot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe part of the known map is blank because not all units "map" the terrain, or it is dependent on a technology like "Map Making"?

Comment

Re: the merchant: Could it be that it is spawned from a caravan, much like Great Leaders in Civ3 is spawned from combat units?
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Has the symbol for production (shields) changed? Look at the round button next to the mini map. It seems to have a food symbol, a gold symbol and a little hammer. I would think this might be a button to turn on map symbols to show how many food/gold/shields are produced in each tile (like Civ3 hotkeys do). But that does not look like a shield.

Comment

thanks for the screen shot

so many questions...
          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

so many answers, but which answer belongs to which question
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I bet the spyglass is explore.

Crossbowman, on top right.
              Owww, I'm so cute! ^_^

Comment

The arrow going over the dot could be guarding a city/unit/terrain improvement
                be free

Comment

Look at the 3 mines, all 3 are different from each other.

But what could they be at such an early stage of the game?

The one at the bottom appears to be gold
                  be free

Comment

Too. Much. Yellow.

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
                      Thx, looking great (never seen this picture)

Though why is it that there's a city in the middle of all the blackness? This is not SMAC where your unit suddenly could be on the other side of the planet
                      And you locate yourself on the world without knowing anything 'bout it.
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

user interface is nice
                        very reminiscent of "old" games (1990s).

but it does need some face life. especially the horrible font...

Comment

btw, just wanted to clarify something... the unit you see there is not a Civ2 caravan-type unit. It is a Great Person (specifically a Merchant). It does have some Trade Mission functionality, but you can't just build these units, so micro-management is not really a problem.
                          - What's that?
                          - It's a cannon fuse.
                          - What's it for?
                          - It's for my cannon.

Comment

Sounds great, thanks, now I don't have that to worry about
                            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I hope there will be some other trade route system though. Currently there's no way trader countries such as Portugal, the Netherlands or Venice can be represented in Civ.
                              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Thanks for the screenshot. Civ4 is looking really interesting.
                                'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                                G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Working...
                                X