Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atari has sold the rights to the Civilization franchise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CIV IV Eventually

As stated by a Firaxis spokesperson in December of 2003:
    "Based on sales of Civ III: Conquests, clearly, people continue to want more Civilization. As long as people continue to want more, we'll deliver."

I know that the rights of Civilization have been sold. But to worry about the production of Civ IV is pointless. I personally think that the whole secretive plans thing is just a strategy to get people like us all fired up about our game.

I personally don't have any clue who bought it, I highly doubt PARADOX has the means to even touch Civ. But I wouldnt count out some of the big-hitters to step in. Atari sold the rights, but there is nothing to say that they still dont have a guiding hand in the production of future Civ releases. But whichever company bought the rights would never think to change the Civ series to a RTS. It would take the personal meaning out of the game.

If Final Fantasy were RTS it would not have made it with the acclaim that it has, the same with the Civ series. Even with the crappy graphics and the highly buggy first edition in the Sid Meiers series, we fell in love with the game. And as long as Firaxis is breathing the next Civ release will be yet another level greater than the one we have now.

Comment

Working...
    X