No announcement yet.

Hillary Clinton, the Goldwater Girls and Margaret Sanger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which is completely different from being a racist. Other supporters of eugenics included Roosevelt, Winston Churchill, HG Wells and George Bernard Shaw. Just so we can be equally outraged.
    Right. Which is why the whole founder of the entire movement argued that the black man was the most inferior. You should read Galton's Inquiry sometime.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

slavery was a centuries long eugenics program

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
        Why would I do that? I also gave a statement of fact. Are you reading something into it?
        Well yes, Hillary is an American, I am from the Balkans, and Barack is from Kenya.

If you put the three together, you cannot be racist only if you are Kenyan, if you are an American or from the Balkans, it is a foregone conclusion that you are racist by default.

I got the impression you are implying that Hillary is actually from Kenya, as this would resolve any credibility issues.
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I see.

You are reading something into it.
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
            Right. Which is why the whole founder of the entire movement argued that the black man was the most inferior. You should read Galton's Inquiry sometime.
            So you're arguing that because one of the founders of the eugenics movement was racist, that everyone else who ever agreed with the idea of eugenics must also have been racist?

Comment

I don't think it's too much of a stretch.

Comment

Here's an example of how Sanger felt about racism incidentally. Unlike the quote in the op, this is actually genuine.

Originally posted by Margaret Sanger
                What hangs over the South is that the Negro has been in servitude. The white southerner is slow to forget this. His attitude is the archaic in this age. Supremacist thinking belongs in the museum.

Comment

Here's another.

Originally posted by Margaret Sanger
                  The big answer, as I see it, is the education of the white man. The white man is the problem. It is the same as with the Nazis. We must change the white attitudes. That is where it lies.

Comment

There you go again, posting inconvenient factual quotes.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

So you're arguing that because one of the founders of the eugenics movement was racist, that everyone else who ever agreed with the idea of eugenics must also have been racist?
                      I don't see it as a stretch that the purpose of the eugenics movement was to weed out people that the powers that be regarded as 'unfit'.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

As for Sanger, I've already provided quotes for how she saw black people as 'human weeds'. People are welcome to cast her into the mould of a heroine of social justice, but the truth is that she is and was not.

Comment

Jesse Owens walked into Berlin and left the superior race in his dust

Comment

I have had enough of this.

Expect Ming to ban soem people's asses soon because I just reported half the people in this thrade for poasting blatent facts and messing up the status quo around here.

I will not tolerate truth and freedom of information.
                            Order of the Fly
                            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I don't see it as a stretch that the purpose of the eugenics movement was to weed out people that the powers that be regarded as 'unfit'.
                              No **** Sherlock, however the definition of 'unfit' is not 'black'. As unpleasant as the eugenics movement was, it wasn't directly race based, there were a LOT of eugenics supporters who wanted to remove the disabled and those prone to genetic diseases and didn't care a damn about the race involved.

As for Sanger, I've already provided quotes for how she saw black people as 'human weeds'. People are welcome to cast her into the mould of a heroine of social justice, but the truth is that she is and was not.
                              You posted a false quote. In normal society that is known as either a mistake or lying. Given that I told you it was a false quote and you've just repeated it anyway, I'm going to have to assume you're knowingly lying.

The fact you hate Sanger so much is actually quite bizarre. On one hand she supported eugenics so as a deaf person I can understand the hate, but she also deeply disliked abortion, so you might actually have got along.

Comment

also deeply disliked abortion, so you might actually have got along.
                                Wait. What?

Comment

Working...
                                X