Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is is better for a society to be mostly Christian or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    [[citation needed]].

Goddamn. I bet if we gave you another 50 years you'd still be suffering under the evil Republican governors.

In reality, California has gone from one of the wealthier, and more prosperous states down to one of the less prosperous and poorer states. And the slide continues.

Since the 50s, Texas has gone from one of the poorer states to one of the richer. California has dropped.

You'd better get to da choppa!
    Schwarzenegger was fifty years ago? That fool cut billions out of education. You really don't know anything about California at all. You don't know any recent history.

Your claim about California sliding needs a citation. Care to provide it? California has increased it's wealth dramatically in the past decade, while Texas has slid into a recession again. Want to know why Texas is doing so poorly right now? Oil prices collapsed. One trick pony economy.

Your claims about California are stupid and unsupported. They just show you are a hypocrite a d a liar. We don't have a $2.6 trillion economy and a growth rate that exceeds the rest of the nation for three years running by accident. We actually are far more rich than Texas. Texas now has slid into the red when it comes to economic growth. Again, Texas is mainly blue collar service jobs reliant on the oil sector and it's workers doing well. Not the case right now.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

What evidence do you have for this assertion? A post that I've made? Surely you have something that states that I graduated from a Christian college with a degree in religious studies.
      Your degree clearly isn't better than my own. Your utterly moronic claims about California says it all.

With that I am going to bed. My job is done here.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Your degree clearly isn't better than my own. Your utterly moronic claims about California says it all.
        Giancarlo, for future reference.

1 - I've not always been a Christian. I converted in college after my first year.

2 - I went to college, enrolled in the University of British Columbia. I was a Physics and Astronomy major. I earned about 60 credits towards my astrophysics degree - including courses like integral, differential calculus, linear algebra, differential equations, etc.

3 - I then switched from Physics and Astronomy to pick up a history degree - taking English and Philosophy arts electives (along with economics), and finishing up with all my history credits. I ended up transferring out of UBC and into UNBC - closer to where I grew up and cheaper to not live in Vancouver.

I have a history degree with about 50 percent electives in science, the science portion outweighs the history portion - this is different than most people with arts degrees.

Given that all you have is a masters in political science, I would doubt that your Masters is weighted at all towards anything in sciences, unless you've switched majors and haven't told me. Switching majors also meant having way more credits in a history degree than most would earn, possibly more raw credits than in your entire masters, counting all the extra credits that I earned that I did not get to count.

That's why I say credit by credit I probably have more than you.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
          blah blah blah ... you claimed society hasn't been progressing. You're obviously wrong. Now go suck an egg and dream of going back to the days when you could have been an indentured servant dreaming that one day you'd have a plantation, some slaves to rape, and a wife to beat.
          I said America wasn't progressing because most people aren't Christian, You don't seem to be able to respond to that.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
            people have always used drugs, banning them destroys communities
            Drugs destroy families much more than the drug war does.

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
              Education did just fine? What parallel reality do you live in? And liberals did invent much of the education system as we know it. Religious fanatics have often attacked colleges and universities, where the brightest minds come from.

The problem for a fanatic like you is thinking. You hate people who think on their own. They have a chance of being like me and you can't stand that. Higher education changed my life and entire way of thinking. It is also a reason why I have a solid salary, am unionized and have great potential to move into a six figure income in the next four to five years. I worked hard and my university credentials were a good reason why I was able to secure this job. I see the religious fanatics constantly declaring war on universities. It scares the crap out of them when 65-70% of college educated people identify as democrats.

Education was sh*t and society was backwards when religious fanatics had control (1950s anyone?).
              The universities aren't teaching students to think for themselves. They are turning out people like you.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                I said America wasn't progressing because most people aren't Christian, You don't seem to be able to respond to that.
                You are regressive.

Comment

You are regressive.
                  Political correctness is regressive. We are witnessing the result.

Comment

I doubt your faults are because of political correctness.

Comment

I doubt your faults are because of political correctness.
                      You might want to address the topic if you are going to talk about other people's faults

Comment

In kindergarten they taught us "a better way to say it." Now if you don't say it the way teacher tells you to say it they call you a regressive, among other things.

Comment

The idea that only predominantly Christian nations can progress is unbelievably stupid. Like you.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                            The universities aren't teaching students to think for themselves. They are turning out people like you.
                            Ironic coming from a guy who is intellectually deficient and simply repeats what he is told. I love it when a extremist complains about others not thinking. It is so silly.

Comment

Giancarlo, for future reference.

1 - I've not always been a Christian. I converted in college after my first year.

2 - I went to college, enrolled in the University of British Columbia. I was a Physics and Astronomy major. I earned about 60 credits towards my astrophysics degree - including courses like integral, differential calculus, linear algebra, differential equations, etc.
                              My degree is worth more than that. And it doesn't appear that you are actually using it.

3 - I then switched from Physics and Astronomy to pick up a history degree - taking English and Philosophy arts electives (along with economics), and finishing up with all my history credits. I ended up transferring out of UBC and into UNBC - closer to where I grew up and cheaper to not live in Vancouver.
                              A history degree? You have to be kidding me. My degree credit per credit is worth way more than that. A history degree... You may as well get a liberal arts degree.

I have a history degree with about 50 percent electives in science, the science portion outweighs the history portion - this is different than most people with arts degrees.
                              It is funny you don't get into what your degrees actually are. You did 60 credits (possibly for an associates degree) and another few later. Your suggestion your history degree is worth more than mine is silly.

Given that all you have is a masters in political science, I would doubt that your Masters is weighted at all towards anything in sciences, unless you've switched majors and haven't told me. Switching majors also meant having way more credits in a history degree than most would earn, possibly more raw credits than in your entire masters, counting all the extra credits that I earned that I did not get to count.
                              Of course that is false. I have more credits than you. And I don't only have a Masters. I also did my undergraduate degree. So based on what you said, I probably have two or three times more credits than you as I double majored in undergrad. So no I didn't switch. I did two at once. You have anymore rancid stupidity and lies you want to share?

That's why I say credit by credit I probably have more than you.
                              Except you clearly haven't. And my Masters Degree is worth more than your two lower degrees (I believe one of which is an associates degree or the equivalent of that).

You were lazy and therefore took history. You didn't have a way to actually apply either of your two lower degrees to employment, except for becoming a part time history teacher at a Christian high school.

The hysterical part of your argument is you trying to claim your two lower degrees were worth more than my Masters. Hysterical!
                              Last edited by Giancarlo; July 14, 2016, 09:32.

Comment

I'm coming to the conclusion Ben probably took 100-120 credits in total. What hilarity. I took more in undergrad than that entirely. Seems like California universities require more general education and major classes.

I just caught him in another lie. He has two lower degrees... If he isn't lying about that. I think in reality all he has is a general history degree focused on religion. Or perhaps that religious studies degree I mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                                X