Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is is better for a society to be mostly Christian or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    That's part of it. Families and communities are destroyed. They are also destroyed when family members use drugs.

I forgot t mention schools. Schools went down hill fast in the 70s. I became a teacher in the 90s. The public really doesn't now how bad the schools are. I believe this is a function of liberalism. They are constantly trying to fix the schools but they can't because the only solutions they will ever come up with are liberal, because they are all liberal.
    A teacher? You? Goodness me. I feel bad for whatever students you had.

Liberal solutions do fix schools. Take a look at other Western Countries. Maybe America should stop spending so much on the F-35 and failed drug war. $2 trillion dollars in lifetime costs on one fighter jet (peddled by war hungry conservatives like yourself). Are you ****ing kidding me? That money could have been spent in schools where teachers are seriously underpaid and schools understaffed in urban areas.

Function of liberalism... mi culo.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Liberal solutions do fix schools. Take a look at other Western Countries. Maybe America should stop spending so much on the F-35 and failed drug war. $2 trillion dollars in lifetime costs on one fighter jet (peddled by war hungry conservatives like yourself). Are you ****ing kidding me? That money could have been spent in schools where teachers are seriously underpaid and schools understaffed in urban areas.
      Schools piss so much money away. I could run a curriculum, easily, for about 2k per kid per year, roughly a fifth of what the public schools charge. More money isn't the solution. Actually getting the hell out of the way so that children can be taught is the solution.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Nothing that conservatives or right wingers guarantee. You won't be able to get a good education or even a job. Conservatives also guarantee higher crime rates.
        Uh, education did just fine prior to the public school system. You seem to believe that liberals invented education.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          Schools piss so much money away. I could run a curriculum, easily, for about 2k per kid per year, roughly a fifth of what the public schools charge. More money isn't the solution. Actually getting the hell out of the way so that children can be taught is the solution.
          You live in total fantasy land and believe home schooling is good, right? You think kids should only be taught out of the Bible. Schools, especially those in inner cities, don't even have enough funding. In California, schools took a huge hit with Proposition 13.

Getting the hell out of the way... What the **** is that supposed to mean?
          Last edited by Giancarlo; July 14, 2016, 01:12.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Uh, education did just fine prior to the public school system. You seem to believe that liberals invented education.
            Education did just fine? What parallel reality do you live in? And liberals did invent much of the education system as we know it. Religious fanatics have often attacked colleges and universities, where the brightest minds come from.

The problem for a fanatic like you is thinking. You hate people who think on their own. They have a chance of being like me and you can't stand that. Higher education changed my life and entire way of thinking. It is also a reason why I have a solid salary, am unionized and have great potential to move into a six figure income in the next four to five years. I worked hard and my university credentials were a good reason why I was able to secure this job. I see the religious fanatics constantly declaring war on universities. It scares the crap out of them when 65-70% of college educated people identify as democrats.

Education was sh*t and society was backwards when religious fanatics had control (1950s anyone?).

Comment

Ben earns $3 an hour and is still a virgin. Be gentle with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                The top three occurred when America was clearly a mostly Christian society. The violent crimes decrease is mostly the result of generational changes. In fact violent crimes spiked when America was becoming more secular. It's decreased now as the younger generation isn't as violent, but I don't think you want to base your argument on the success of the millennials.
                blah blah blah ... you claimed society hasn't been progressing. You're obviously wrong. Now go suck an egg and dream of going back to the days when you could have been an indentured servant dreaming that one day you'd have a plantation, some slaves to rape, and a wife to beat.

Comment

You live in total fantasy land and believe home schooling is good, right?
                  I'm a private school teacher. We routinely kick public school ass each day, every day. It should be our school motto.

You think kids should only be taught out of the Bible.
                  Only? Hardly. I do believe there's nothing wrong with using it where appropriate.

Schools, especially those in inner cities, don't even have enough funding. In California, schools took a huge hit with Proposition 13.
                  We spend about half what public schools spend and easily outperform them. The issue isn't money. I've suggested spending some money to do testing at two grade levels higher to get a better idea as to where our students stand.

Getting the hell out of the way... What the **** is that supposed to mean?
                  It means actually teaching rather than all the time wasting that most schools do. If as you say, you're succeeding - why are your schools so ****? Surely you ought to be kicking our bigoted, ignorant Texan asses.

Comment

Education did just fine? What parallel reality do you live in? And liberals did invent much of the education system as we know it. Religious fanatics have often attacked colleges and universities, where the brightest minds come from.
                    If I were to give you a grade 8 test from 1914, you'd fail.

The problem for a fanatic like you is thinking. You hate people who think on their own. They have a chance of being like me and you can't stand that. Higher education changed my life and entire way of thinking.
                    Indeed it did. It didn't actually teach you much though.

It is also a reason why I have a solid salary, am unionized and have great potential to move into a six figure income in the next four to five years. I worked hard and my university credentials were a good reason why I was able to secure this job. I see the religious fanatics constantly declaring war on universities. It scares the crap out of them when 65-70% of college educated people identify as democrats.
                    Yes, because you work for the public and we the people pay your salary.

Education was sh*t and society was backwards when religious fanatics had control (1950s anyone?).
                    LOL you have no clue about education. I bet you couldn't even tell me who Dewey is and why he is important.

Comment

I do believe there's nothing wrong with using it where appropriate
                      A class lesson on brain washing and why people are generally gullible *****?

Comment

I'm a private school teacher. We routinely kick public school ass each day, every day.

Only? Hardly. I do believe there's nothing wrong with using it where appropriate.

We spend about half what public schools spend and easily outperform them. The issue isn't money.

It means actually teaching rather than all the time wasting that most schools do. If as you say, you're succeeding - why are your schools so ****? Surely you ought to be kicking our bigoted, ignorant Texan asses.
                        You get your own ass kicked. Private schools consistently under perform. You don't learn anything out of the Bible, except mindless stupid indoctrination. You are one stupid man.

Colleges and universities are in good standing in California, but K-12 is below par. Two different systems. And Texas has one of the worst education systems in the country.

Comment

A class lesson on brain washing and why people are generally gullible *****?
                          I use it for lots of things, actually. Sometimes it's to refer to things that they might encounter elsewhere, like a proverb or something that makes no sense unless you understand the biblical references.

Sometimes we work on recitation using the bible - getting the kids to read confidently and quickly through passages that can be rather challenging.

There is a lot of history and western culture in the Bible, and that's the main focus of my course that I teach - it's basically a western civ course for the most part.

Comment

If I were to give you a grade 8 test from 1914, you'd fail.
                            Yeah I don't know many bible verses. Other than that nice try making it personal.

Indeed it did. It didn't actually teach you much though.
                            Is that so? You teach in a religious private school. I work in a job with great upward mobility. Seems like I actually did learn a lot more than you. I am not as brainwashed and ignorant as you.

Yes, because you work for the public and we the people pay your salary.
                            Says who? You take stupidity to a whole new level.

LOL you have no clue about education. I bet you couldn't even tell me who Dewey is and why he is important.
                            I have more of a clue than you. All you could come with are stupid one line insults. You teach part time in a Christian high school. I work full time and probably make double what you do. And I am only 31 So spare me the hysterics.

Comment

I use it for lots of things, actually. Sometimes it's to refer to things that they might encounter elsewhere, like a proverb or something that makes no sense unless you understand the biblical references.

Sometimes we work on recitation using the bible - getting the kids to read confidently and quickly through passages that can be rather challenging.

There is a lot of history and western culture in the Bible, and that's the main focus of my course that I teach - it's basically a western civ course for the most part.
                              You shouldn't be teaching anything out of the Bible. It is a piece of historical revisionist trash that merely plagiarized other texts. No wonder why you are so ignorant.

The Bible being taught is a hindrance to the development of young minds.

Comment

You get your own ass kicked. Private schools consistently under perform.
                                Top 5 percent thereabouts every year in the state of Texas.

You don't learn anything out of the Bible, except mindless stupid indoctrination. You are one stupid man.
                                Many people actually did learn to read using just the bible. Mindless indoctrinated drones they were too.

Colleges and universities are in good standing in California, but K-12 is below par. Two different systems. And Texas has one of the worst education systems in the country.
                                Why is your K-12 system so terrible?

Actually, Texas has one of the better school systems in the country. If you swapped Texas and Wisconsin's systems, Wisconsin would be even higher.

Comment

Working...
                                X