No announcement yet.

MLB 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched the documentary "Fastball" tonight: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5434972/

Fascinating stuff with commentary from (former) players as well as scientists

Comment

I'll bet they finish the year with better than the 89-73 record you seem to be predicting.
      Well I don't think they are bad enough yet to make a bet that they would miss the playoffs. Still about a 1 in 20 chance now.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Quite the show in the HR contest last night.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Adding the clock and brackets to the HR contest has made it enjoyable again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
            Cubs were .806 on May 10th, and .722 on June 4th.
            Since then they are just 13-15.
            They would finish with an 89-73 record, which is a .549 record, still good enough to comfortably make the second wildcard.
            So yes, folks, it is still possible for the Cubs to blow this.
            Cubs had a chance to put this away, but haven't been able to put everyone out.
            FINAL REGULAR SEASON
            CUBS 103 Wins, 58 Losses, 1 Tie. Best record in the Major Leagues this year.

You sure nailed that one BK
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah, nailed it.

It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Sounds like a friend of mine from HS who kept saying negative things about the Cubs this season. He kept making predictions like that and none of them happened.

Comment

I'm sure it's kind of like Ben who was just trolling to provoke a reaction.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I couldn't root for the ****head Jays, but I won't mind seeing Texas kick their asses.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Oh, it's on, TEX. Like donkey kong.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

One of the iconic baseball images.

Comment

103 Wins, 58 Losses
                          Yep, after their slump, they settled down. Congrats to the Cubs on a great season. They certainly earned it. I did say there was a 1-20 chance of them not making the playoffs.

Comment

Yeah, if you say enough things you're bound to be right about one of them. Which was about it.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah, if you say enough things you're bound to be right about one of them. Which was about it.
                              At the time I was fascinated by the spectacle that they could piss it all away.

Comment

7-0 for the Blue Jays. And just like that, they are in the exact same spot they would be if they took the division.

Comment

Working...
                                X