No announcement yet.

I lost my brakes on I-70 today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I've been to Missouri once, but just through St. Louis.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Glad it all worked out without major accident or injury.
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Damage will be $3150

Of course I'm paying it, cuz I'm stupid.

Comment

Don't and instead use that money to buy a newer car.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Yeah, it's just not worth it at that point.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                Damage will be $3150

Of course I'm paying it, cuz I'm stupid.

to replace a brake line?

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                  Don't and instead use that money to buy a newer car.
                  Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  Yeah, it's just not worth it at that point.
                  Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                  to replace a brake line?
                  The rusted brake lines were fused to the master brake cylinder and other components, plus the ball joints, which I knew had been running greaseless for years.

It's the amount a piece of junk car costs today.

Better the devil I know.

Comment

I'm actually looking for a used truck, thinking of a silverado/sierra ~'06 (which seemed like a good year) with the 5.3 v8

maybe the 2500hd with a 6.0l

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                      The rusted brake lines were fused to the master brake cylinder and other components, plus the ball joints, which I knew had been running greaseless for years.

It's the amount a piece of junk car costs today.

Better the devil I know.

It sounds like basic maintenance had been neglected (I. E. a greeseless ball joint). When your finances allow I would recommend looking into a Toyota Tundra if you want to stay with a largish pick up. If you like diesels then wait for the 2017 in a few months as that model will offer a 5.7L Cummins turbo diesel V-8.

Comment

The brake were a surprise; I'm expecting the tranny to go next -- 18 years without a fluid change.

Comment

Maybe you should start following the recommended maintenance?

Comment

Gee, ya think?

Comment

I have a '91 Park Avenue that sprung a brake line leak a few years back, dont know if it was a rock or rust but I had just enough brake to slow my descent down the hill

rat ate thru the high pressure fuel line and they wanted a grand or something ridiculous to fix it, they'd have to replace the entire line and that meant pulling the tank, so they said.

They recommended not splicing the line because of the pressure but I haven't had any leaks from it since, albeit I did do a very good job securing the line with double the clamps and an inner metal tube to reduce exposure to the rubber outer layer

as you can tell by my car I grow attached to them too

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X