Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kansas Senate Leader Bans Women from Wearing “Low-Cut Necklines and Mini-Skirts” at Hearings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kansas Senate Leader Bans Women from Wearing “Low-Cut Necklines and Mini-Skirts” at Hearings

Because there are no other problems in Kansas, State Senator Mitch Holmes has decided to tackle the real issue affecting people in the state.

He wants women who testify in front of the Senate Ethics and Elections Committee (which he chairs) to cover themselves up. He issued an 11-point code of conduct and Item 2 on that list focused on what people could wear. He wants “professional attire,” which might be fine, but he made sure to spell that out in detail for the ladyfolk:

He offered more detailed guidance to women conferees because he had observed provocatively clad females at the Capitol. Revealing too much of the body during testimony to the Senate committee is a distraction, he said.

“For ladies,” the rule says, “low-cut necklines and mini-skirts are inappropriate.”

Four women senators — two Republicans and two Democrats — said no chairman ought to place gender-specific demands on Kansans who were inspired to share thoughts on public policy with legislative committees.

“Oh, for crying out loud, what century is this?” said Sen. Laura Kelly, a Topeka Democrat.

“Who’s going to define low-cut?” said Sen. Vicki Schmidt, R-Topeka. “Does it apply to senators?”

You’d hope that a senator, even if he were distracted by what a woman was wearing, would just get over it and focus on what the guest is saying. Is he going to refuse to listen to a woman speak if she happens to have a bigger chest? Is he going to make her put on a robe before she speaks about ethics violations? What about men who aren’t in suits? Are they a distraction, too?

This isn’t high school. This definitely isn’t Catholic school.

Here’s a better idea that doesn’t require a new policy: If people testify to the subcommittee and Holmes doesn’t like what they’re wearing, he can turn his damn chair around and face the wall. Then the adults in the room can then get back to work.
    Kansas

This is a serious problem. Thank you for making us aware of this giblets.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

A guy in Kansas, who can't control getting a woody.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

So, does this mean that men still are allowed to wear miniskirts or low-cut necklines at those hearings?
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I hope they do
          (like bus drivers in sweden)

Comment

The unwritten rule is that if somebody is wearing something that you consider to be inappropriate then you have them removed; if the majority of your constituents then agree that your action was appropriate then you did the right thing, and if the majority of your constituents say that you're a schmuck then you did the wrong thing. For example, if somebody shows up naked then you have them removed, and most likely the majority of your constituents will agree with your action (and no doubt a few will disagree, because some of your constituents are schmucks).
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
              So, does this mean that men still are allowed to wear miniskirts or low-cut necklines at those hearings?
              You usually don't have to tell men not to show up to professional settings half-dressed. Usually.
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

What about "No Pants Day"?
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Who knew than a mere piece of fabric was all that was keeping these men from becoming rapists.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                    Who knew than a mere piece of fabric was all that was keeping these men from becoming rapists public masturbators.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                      You usually don't have to tell men not to show up to professional settings half-dressed. Usually.
                      Well, Transvestites or mtf-Transsexuals also are men (the latter at least before their gender reassignment surgery) ...
                      some of them may think of a dress with miniskirt and high heels as professional attire
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                        Who knew than a mere piece of fabric was all that was keeping these men from becoming rapists.
                        Chastity belts are made of fabric? I kind of assumed they'd be leather or metal.

Comment

Curiously Giblets is silent about Italy who did the same thing.

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Not even the Italians care about Italian politics

Comment

yes, apparently so.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                              X