Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The people who made that "Planned Parenthood profits by selling fetus organs" video were indicted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The people who made that "Planned Parenthood profits by selling fetus organs" video were indicted

A grand jury’s indictment of two abortion opponents who recorded Planned Parenthood officials is the latest sign that a campaign against the group has run into trouble.

"Mr. Daleiden and Sandra S. Merritt, 62, were indicted on felony charges of tampering with a governmental record with the intent to defraud — specifically, falsifying California driver’s licenses to pose as biotechnology representatives and infiltrate Planned Parenthood centers and research conferences. Mr. Daleiden was also charged with a misdemeanor related to trying to buy human organs."

And no, I'm not going to find a link to an article at White Pride Daily News or whatever source you think is more legitimate than the New York Times - do your own damned googling.
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

I have no idea about this. I sometimes wondered though whether it could pay off to have some individual stockpile of human organs at home.

For example if a walking dead comes across and bites me in the ass, it would have to be amputated immediately. In tis case it would be cool to have a replacement ass at hand, otherwise I would be forced to run around assless.

(ok it's not exactly an "organ" but you get the idea)
    Blah

Comment

Since Grand Juries only indict those that the Prosecutor wishes to indict, I think this story is a lot more interesting than it initially appears (namely since the prosecutor is a conservative republican who was eager to prosecute planned parenthood).

The most likely, and more boring, option is that he just didn't like how bold Daleiden and Merritt were about breaking the law in their 'sting'.

The more interesting is that he was trying to punish them for the case not being strong enough to indict planned parenthood.

Possibly the most interesting, but least likely, is that he is a 'double agent' and was getting an additional kick in.

JM
      (Most people seem to be treating this as 'they were so unethical that they were implicated and not planned parenthood' but that isn't what fits the indictment.)
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
        I have no idea about this. I sometimes wondered though whether it could pay off to have some individual stockpile of human organs at home.

For example if a walking dead comes across and bites me in the ass, it would have to be amputated immediately. In tis case it would be cool to have a replacement ass at hand, otherwise I would be forced to run around assless.

I think it just means you have to wear assless chaps.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post

You could always just get a prosthetic ass.

Comment

Good.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

they're indicted for tricking PP into thinking they were looking to buy baby parts? so what?
              if they fabricated the evidence with an edited tape, shouldn't that be the charge or is that libel and therefore a civil matter?

Comment

if they fabricated the evidence with an edited tape, shouldn't that be the charge or is that libel and therefore a civil matter?
                That it is not, indicates that the only thing they lied to was Planned Parenthood in order to obtain true evidence of selling baby parts.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
                  Which you can find in the auditorium of any high school that has recently produced A Midsummer Night's Dream.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
                    The big question is, how biodegradable such a prosthetic ass would be ...
                    after all, one has to know whether, after death, it can be left in the coffin,
                    or if it has to be disposed as hazardous waste, meaning that only the assless corpse will be put intop the coffin.

I guess, especially cybernetically enhanced asses (i.e. Cyber-Super-Asses) might contain a lot of plastic and metals, bound in things like microchips and the like
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                      they're indicted for tricking PP into thinking they were looking to buy baby parts? so what?
                      I think the OP said they are charged with falsifying government documents (drivers licenses). What that has to do with it, I don't know. PP wanted ID?
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

PP probably asked for identification, but that's generally something that's not considered to be an indictable crime, especially if one is arguing that one is putting on a sting. Someone falsifying underage id and still being let into a bar wouldn't actually be prosecuted for doing so. The judge would rightfully prosecute the bar for serving to an underage minor.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Someone falsifying underage id and still being let into a bar wouldn't actually be prosecuted for doing so. The judge would rightfully prosecute the bar for serving to an underage minor.
                          Our friends daughter was caught using a fake ID and was busted by the cops while drinking in a bar... she was prosecuted, not the bar...
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                            Our friends daughter was caught using a fake ID and was busted by the cops while drinking in a bar... she was prosecuted, not the bar...
                            I think, the hypothetical scenario that Ben described was, that an underage kid used a fake ID that also was underage (for example the Billy, the kid himself is 17 years old ... and the ID he uses says that his name if George ... but also states his age as 17) and uses this fake ID (that clearly says that s/he is underage) in order to gain entrance into the bar (and/or buy alcoholic drinks)

At least I believe that is what Ben means ... because I agree that it would make absolutely no sense if the bar (and not the kid) got punished when the kid fakes his ID in a way that makes the employees at the bar believe that he is old enough to enter/get alcoholic drinks.
                            (on the other hand it also usually would make no sense for a kid to use a fake ID that gives his real age in order to gain entry to a nightclub/bar ... and/or not get punished for faking an ID if s/he gets caught)
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

At least I believe that is what Ben means ... because I agree that it would make absolutely no sense if the bar (and not the kid) got punished when the kid fakes his ID in a way that makes the employees at the bar believe that he is old enough to enter/get alcoholic drinks.
                              (on the other hand it also usually would make no sense for a kid to use a fake ID that gives his real age in order to gain entry to a nightclub/bar ... and/or not get punished for faking an ID if s/he gets caught)
                              Well in this case, in a sting, they would have fake ID that would state their 'presumed' real age. That's the point - to see whether the bar would serve someone who the bar has reasonable suspicion of being underage. You wouldn't charge the cop conducting the sting for providing false id, you'd charge the bar for selling to someone underage.

This is what happened here. The PP Investigators got fake ID, and presumed based on that fake ID that he was someone who he was not. He was thus able to obtain the tapes and information for which he was privy. Given that the purpose of the fake ID was not to defraud the state, but rather to uncover malfeasance, he will walk from the indictment.

Comment

Working...
                              X