No announcement yet.

Could you become a Catholic Preist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was reading about monks and they say after they take their "permanent vows" they can't leave. But they can, right? I mean, if you're in a monastery in Europe and you just up and say "**** it, I'm getting out", what are they going to do? Tell you no? Just hitch a ride to the nearest city.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
      jealous?
      Why would I be jealous? It doesn't sound hard at all to be a catholic.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

It isn't hard. You just do what my mom does and go to church on Christmas and Easter. Catholicism is pretty chill

In fact it's like playing an RPG. You can take it as seriously as you like. For example, you can agree with the no birth control thing and pop out 12 kids, or you can be Nancy Pelosi and think killing babies is actually OK. It's totally up to you!
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
          I was reading about monks and they say after they take their "permanent vows" they can't leave. But they can, right? I mean, if you're in a monastery in Europe and you just up and say "**** it, I'm getting out", what are they going to do? Tell you no? Just hitch a ride to the nearest city.

Also, I've watched enough Cadfael to understand that monks travel to spread the word with relics and whatnot every so often. "A Morbid Taste for Bones" is a good episode.
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
            Why would I be jealous? It doesn't sound hard at all to be a catholic.
            So the more difficult it is to practice a religion, the better that religion is? Shouldn't you be praising suicide bombers then?
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
              So the more difficult it is to practice a religion, the better that religion is? Shouldn't you be praising suicide bombers then?
              I think it'd be harder for Kidicious to be a Buddhist.
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Being a suicide bomber would be easy. They are all poor men with no social status. Not killing is much harder.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                  I think it'd be harder for Kidicious to be a Buddhist.
                  He'd be brilliant at unintentionally developing koans

Comment

Being a suicide bomber would be easy. They are all poor men with no social status. Not killing is much harder.
                    But according to you, power = justice, therefore a suicide bomber who has more power than a non-suicide bomber is also more just

Comment

But according to you, power = justice, therefore a suicide bomber who has more power than a non-suicide bomber is also more just
                      I never said suicide bombers were just. I said God is just. Satan is not just, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                        Breaking vows is probably considered sinful.

Comment

I never said suicide bombers were just. I said God is just. Satan is not just, for example.
                          Why is it hard for you to understand that power is justice?

Comment

Two
                            Might want to check back with Jesus and Ephesians on that one. On the other hand, it might explain why protestants agree with divorce, and schism.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

A success defined by how many children were raped and how many priests were merely shuffled around. And the saddest part is, prior to the past 15-20 years, nobody was saying **** about it so we can only venture a guess as to how widespread it is.
                              Given that the move away from the Latin rite happened in the 60s, I fail to see how you can blame the Latin rite for church abuse. I'd argue that modernism is responsible both for the subsequent abuse and the liturgical difficulties.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Whatever harm a suicide bomber does likely won't be remembered 1000 years from now.

Comment

Working...
                                X