Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you REALLY defend to the death somebody's right to say something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of what am I supposed to feel ashamed?
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

For not allowing free speech.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Read the bible.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
          For not allowing free speech.
          Are you referring to all of the people who I (presumably as an agent of the US government) fined, imprisoned, or executed because they attempted to exercise their right to free speech? Because those people don't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
            Are you referring to all of the people who I (presumably as an agent of the US government) fined, imprisoned, or executed because they attempted to exercise their right to free speech? Because those people don't exist.
            I can't respond properly to this post because my speech has been limited.

Comment

Then in answer to your question, no, I do not feel ashamed for your idiotic paranoia.

Comment

Do you want to make death threats but you're afraid that you'd get banned as a consequence (i.e. that your first amendment right to freedom of speech on a private internet forum would be infringed upon)? Because in that case, a pertinent question is: is god telling you to make death threats? If he is, then it's odd that you'd kill your family if god told you to despite the legal repercussions, but you won't make death threats if god tells you to despite the repercussions being much less severe - this really calls into question your professed dedication to god. On the other hand, if god isn't telling you to make death threats, then are you sure that making death threats is the moral course of action here?

Comment

Duh. Yes becasue power = justice
                  Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Do you want to make death threats but you're afraid that you'd get banned as a consequence (i.e. that your first amendment right to freedom of speech on a private internet forum would be infringed upon)? Because in that case, a pertinent question is: is god telling you to make death threats? If he is, then it's odd that you'd kill your family if god told you to despite the legal repercussions, but you won't make death threats if god tells you to despite the repercussions being much less severe - this really calls into question your professed dedication to god. On the other hand, if god isn't telling you to make death threats, then are you sure that making death threats is the moral course of action here?
                    You're the one who is afraid. You're the one afraid of what people say.

Comment

Banning Kidicious was just. read the bible

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                        You're the one who is afraid. You're the one afraid of what people say.
                        If god is telling you to make death threats, then why are you holding back?

Comment

God: Kill your family
                          Kidicious: Awesome, finally an excuse to kill my family!
                          God: Also. post death threats on an internet forum
                          Kidicious: I can't do that, I might get banned!

Comment

If god is telling you to make death threats, then why are you holding back?
                            You sound scared... and paranoid.

Comment

Would it give you joy to cause fear? Is that something your god would approve of?

Comment

Also, your move to texas was 100% self-serving
                                How so? Do you think it's easy to relocate for work?

The thread mentions someone else's. From what you say, when faced with what you believed to be an affront to free speech, rather than defend the right to the death, you moved somewhere else where it stopped affecting you.
                                I'd agree, except that in order for me to teach I was required to teach certain things that are contrary to my faith. What battle was there to be faught? The battle up north was in 2005. I was still in school then. I've been fighting the same battle in TX. So rather than retreating, it's been fighting a rearguard action. The battle has been here.

That's like a german who fled the Nazis and went to Mexico claiming he would oppose the Nazis to the death
                                It's like the Polish pilots who fought with spitfires after Poland was overrun. Or like General MacArthur who did the same after the Philippines was overrun.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X