Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you believed God was telling you to kill your family, would you do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait, they're on 7th edition now? **** you, GW.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I still remember an awful lot about the intricancies of the Civ2 ruleset.
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Sheena sucked, unless you were in Over Limit and could use her summons (which didn't happen all that often). Short range, no good moves. By comparison, Raine was essential for healing, Colette had the game's best buff and some powerful attacks, and Presea was a brutal midget tank. All three were basically asexual.

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
        Yeah, I was thinking of abusing Angelo.
        If you're thinking of Invincible Moon, that was just the beginning. There's a really arcane way to exploit Angelo Search to get massive numbers of really rare items. It's not worth the bother IMO, but some people did it. Angel Wing was the really broken one. Give Rinoa no spells but meteor and healing types like Life and Curaga (junctioned appropriately), then cast Angel Wing. She'll cast insanely powerful meteors OVER and OVER and OVER again at insane speed. Of course the game doesn't tell you about either trick--both rely on abuse of undocumented mechanics. Most people just taught her nothing but IM and suffered through endless dog-launching. I ignored her in favor of Quistis anyway.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Hi everyone! Kidicious here. I'm just leaving a post here to see if elok is a nerd.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
            Sheena sucked, unless you were in Over Limit and could use her summons (which didn't happen all that often). Short range, no good moves. By comparison, Raine was essential for healing, Colette had the game's best buff and some powerful attacks, and Presea was a brutal midget tank. All three were basically asexual.
            Nah, my recollection is that Sheena was a worthwhile tank. IIRC she had a decent self-heal. Presea was disqualified for being the most boring and annoying character imaginable, except maybe Regal had him beat in the annoying department. She was also slow as ****.

The best party was obviously Lloyd, Raine, Genis and Kratos/Zelos, though. And in Vesperia, Yuri, Rita, Estelle, and then either Raven or Repede. Another excellent party would be Raven, Judith, Rita, Estelle because of Raven's chivalry tech which gave him a ridiculous stat boost if there are more females in the party. Kind of a hilarious gag skill yet also ridiculously overpowered.

EDIT: Also colette spends half the game missing and you don't get presea until late, which again reinforces the standard party of L,R,G,K/Z
            Last edited by Hauldren Collider; May 7, 2015, 19:30.
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Nah, my recollection is that Sheena was a worthwhile tank.
              Your recollection is obviously false. Everyone knows that Sheena is a punk rocker.

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
              I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Sheena wasn't a tank. She wasn't terribly durable, and her fighting style was grossly inadequate. She had a HP drain attack and a couple of minor debuffs, nothing special, and she had to get right up next to the enemy's face to use any of them.
                1011 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                  If you're thinking of Invincible Moon, that was just the beginning. There's a really arcane way to exploit Angelo Search to get massive numbers of really rare items. It's not worth the bother IMO, but some people did it. Angel Wing was the really broken one. Give Rinoa no spells but meteor and healing types like Life and Curaga (junctioned appropriately), then cast Angel Wing. She'll cast insanely powerful meteors OVER and OVER and OVER again at insane speed. Of course the game doesn't tell you about either trick--both rely on abuse of undocumented mechanics. Most people just taught her nothing but IM and suffered through endless dog-launching. I ignored her in favor of Quistis anyway.
                  I was referring to Angel Wing, although I couldn't recall the name.
                  Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                    I still remember an awful lot about the intricancies of the Civ2 ruleset.
                    I think I still remember all the A/D/M values for all the units.

Comment

I remember when WE used to have ADM values.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Dang, still only two yes votes. The other is probably Ben. I'm starting to feel kind of dirty...
                        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

The votes are public, and I'm the only person to explicitly say I would, indeed, kill my family if I were truly convinced God had told me to do so.

Comment

This poll is still open.

Comment

.. and thank you for the timey reminder... I'm joining my sister for lunch in a half hour!
                              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

I haven't played many JRPGs newer than the late PS1 era; do new ones do a better job of balancing? Like, for most old games, not just FF, attack mages are kind of crap; they can do a fair amount more damage than brawlers while the MP holds out, but once that's gone (and it's usually gone too soon), you've got a character who can't give OR take a punch. The swordsman can do at least decent damage, and soak it up, whether he's got MP to do fancy moves with or not (and the fancy MP moves tend to tip the damage balance slightly in his favor, anyhow). Paladin-type healer/brawlers (e.g. Frog from CT) just add insult to injury.

Exceptions I've played: ToS (for various reasons), FF6 (opposite problem, physical characters are pretty weak by comparison), and . . . well, I'm drawing a blank here. Oh, and Phantasy Star IV, where Rune had such ridiculous MP reserves that it didn't matter.
                                1011 1100

Comment

Working...
                                X