I need to look older

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
    My frames are not harry potter-ish at all, but I still get the accusation. Dark hair, bangs, and a remarkably similar face shape will do that.
    Be grateful. To my students, I look like, variously, HP, Shaggy from Scooby-doo, Mr. Tumnus, Matthew McConaughey, various students I've never met, and some hack Nicholas-Sparks-for-kiddies writer named John Green. Mostly it's Shaggy these days, though the resemblance is really pretty slim. The bad boys call me that just to be dickburgers, and a lot of the good kids copy them because they're in seventh grade and legitimately think my name is Mr. Shaggy. Note that most of these people bear very little resemblance to each other . . .

Facial hair of any sort will make you look older. It stops itching once it's grown out some, and if a full beard is patchy you can stick to a mustache or goatee like I do. The trick is finding what looks good. I think I look okay with a mustache and goatee, but a full beard makes me look scuzzy and a mustache alone just makes me look like a pederast. Haven't tried solo-goatee.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
      The trick is finding what looks good. I think I look okay with a mustache and goatee, but a full beard makes me look scuzzy and a mustache alone just makes me look like a pederast. Haven't tried solo-goatee.
      Don't, you'll look like a prick.

Comment

I wonder where the stereotype of patchy mustache = pederast came from. Honestly curious.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Solo-goatee is definitely paedo territory I'm afraid...
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I got carded once, about 50 years ago.
            To The Hijack Police: I don't know what you are talking about. I didn't do it. I wasn't there. I don't even own a computer.

Comment

Working...
            X