• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rah View Post
    As we get older, our memory fails.

NOT A F***ing chance.
    Spoilsport.
    Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
    I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

• It's kind of like being asked in an interview, "what's your greatest weakness?"
      Yeah, like I'm going to cop to that.
      Instead
      "Sometimes I work too hard"
      "Sometimes I try too many different things before asking for help"
      "Sometimes I put work before family"

I know being on the other side of that table, not to believe any answer to that one but still ask it just for grins.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
        It's kind of like being asked in an interview, "what's your greatest weakness?"
        "Coming up with good answers to bull**** interview questions."
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Thanks Aeson! I just found the drop-down under the What's New button.
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
            Do you have cookies blocked? Private/incognito mode? Your authentication is tracked using session cookies.
            I guess that's it - did it and forgot about it. Thx for the hint!
            Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
              The backups were stored on Amazon S3. The problem is that the backups themselves were incomplete from Feb 2 on. The files on the server were being synced correctly but the database wasn't. The posts and threads never were getting there.

When I transferred the database backup back to restore the Civ V content it lead to all the posts and threads being lost in the database, and the Feb 2 backup was the last complete one.

The host's backup system was being used initially, but began locking up and then crashing the server every time it ran, the backups not completing, so about a year ago I switched to backing up to Amazon. I don't remember specifically what I did on Feb 2 that broke the update process.
              damn you Civ V. damn you to hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                I like it too - can we keep it?

Because sometimes I get the white with small blue/black elements, and sometimes the old orange thing (for example now the main forum page was white/blue, but the "full reply" page I'm using to write this has the orange style
                Did the cookies fix it?

I set the blue theme as the default, so anyone not logged in will see it. When you log in though, it will use the last theme you selected while logged in. Use the selection at the bottom of the page.

Comment

• Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
                  I think you may be viewing the phone theme. The thanks button is there on PC.
                  On the Apolyton Blue theme it gets hidden when on narrow displays. I can see the thanks button on my iPhone in landscape, but not portrait.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                    I remember playing around with the blue theme awhile back, really liking it, but eventually switching back because there was some feature it lacked. I don't remember what that feature was. Also, I long for the days when Apolyton was gray, even though I don't have any visual memory of that time because my brain works poorly.
                    I think it was the lack of "first unread post" links on the forums.

There is a "jump to first unread" link on the thread pages themselves, but having one on the forums would be better.

Comment

• damn you Civ V. damn you to hell.
                      Why didn't I think of that. Obviously it's the curse of Trip.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Oh, please. My cat doesn't even know what Civ is.
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                          Did the cookies fix it?

I set the blue theme as the default, so anyone not logged in will see it. When you log in though, it will use the last theme you selected while logged in. Use the selection at the bottom of the page.
                          Test
                          Blah

Comment

• Ok, enabled cookies, cleared all old before.

I still needed to login a second time for this post (after the 1st login for the "test" above)

Forum style remains now what I've selected (so yeah, the earlier change probably caused just by being logged out).
                            Blah

Comment

• Button is there in landscape mode.
                              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Aeson: Not sure if related to the backup thingie, but I can no longer find a link to the Member List. This is important because I need to periodically stroke my ego by checking to see how few posters remain with more posts than me.
                                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X