Are Muslims the New Jews?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
    Pretty sure that wasn't for religious reasons.
    Why are you bringing religion into this?
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

No, it isn't. Furthermore Jews never went around setting fire to minority religions' places of worship, either. Jesus christ. They aren't comparable.
      Kind of a funny thing to claim on the first night of Hanukkah.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I live next to a big jewish summer camp. The rabbi even drinks with me... as we talk about the moral upbringing of young people.

they also take very nice care of the property - not a bad neighbor if you ask me.

Comment

Jews gave nuclear secrets to the Soviets, does that count?
          Did I wake up in an alternate timeline where the Soviets nuked America?
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

You're right, giving nuclear secrets to the Soviets was Not A Big Deal At All

On the one had we have 9/11, an attack that killed several thousand people. On the other hand we have an action that gave the Soviets the clout to run roughshod over their neighbors without fear of reprisal, neighbors that included Afghanistan, which would eventually play in instrumental part in 9/11. Yup, Not A Big Deal At All.
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

No, it isn't.
              yes, it is. it was a very common theme at one time.
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

i mean seriously, there was a massive debate starting in the 19th century (and arguably before) about the subject, whole books were published on the 'jewish question', such as:

The Jewish Question is an 1843 book by German historian and theologian Bruno Bauer, written and published in German (original title Die Judenfrage).

Bauer argued that Jews can achieve political emancipation only if they relinquish their particular religious consciousness, since political emancipation requires a secular state, which he assumes does not leave any "space" for social identities such as religion. According to Bauer, such religious demands are incompatible with the idea of the "Rights of Man." True political emancipation, for Bauer, requires the abolition of religion. He described the contemporary concept of Jewish nationalism as "chimeral" and "baseless".
                karl marx's criticism of bauer's book is well worth a read.
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Happy Hanukkah!
                  There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

The problem with social phobias of any kind, is that they usually don't stop there.
                    They are all interconnected. So the can "start" with the let's say north african muslims, then spread to all muslims, then spread to jewish people, then spread to people of a different ideology etc etc
                    It's not a secluded effect so that one can say, hey it's the other guy, it's none of my business. They'll come for you eventually!!!

(someone said, first it was the polar bears, but I didn't say anything, then it was the gold fish but when they came for me there was noone to shout". Something like that)

Comment

First they came for the communist so that everyone would think they are good guys.
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

cunning nazis

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                          I eagerly await the first Jewish terrorist bombing in America.
                          Late to the par-tay again, Sister Bendy ?

September 27, 1972:
                          Three members of the JDL pleaded guilty in Brooklyn Federal Court to charges related to bombing incidents in 1971 at the Amtorg Trading Corporation offices and at the Long Island estate of the Russian Mission.
                          and

January 30, 1975:
                          Two JDL members were arrested on suspicion of arson following the firebombing of an automobile belonging to the brother of an accused Nazi war criminal. The two were identified as members of the JDL by the group's West Coast director, who expressed sympathy with the firebombing. On November 27 1975, a JDL member pleaded guilty to the firebombing.

As a fine upstanding Christianista and supporter of Israel I'm sure you'll appreciate these excellent examples of ecumenical outreach :

February 22, 1973:
                          Ten members of the JDL took over and vandalized the offices of the World Council of Churches in New York.

February 28, 1973:
                          Eight members of the JDL took over the offices of the American Friends Service Committee in Philadelphia.

March 1, 1973:
                          The executive secretary of the New York office of the World Council of Churches stated that the Council would seek payment from the JDL for damages caused on February 22 by ten JDL members who invaded the Council's offices and vandalized the premises.

And Israel would never condone random acts of terror. Just neat surgical ones that killed only very, very bad people.

The espionage story began in the very early 1950's when the Israelis sent an undercover agent to Egypt by the name of Avraham Dar. He went by the name John Darling, posing as a British citizen of the island of Gibraltar. He taught the Egyptian Jewish spy ring about underground organizations and conspiratorial tactics. They learned how to make delayed action devices, letter bombs, and the intricacies of photography. In early 1952 most of them came to Israel - secretly, of course - in order to learn sabotage and underground techniques. Most of them fell in love with Israel and vowed to do whatever they could to help.

Victor Levy left for Egypt in August 1952. On the way back to Egypt he first stopped off in Paris and then other locations in France in order to learn more about manufacturing explosives and some photography.

On July 2, 1954, they went into action. They first blew up some post offices and a few days later, the American libraries in Cairo and Alexandria. These operations were to "make it clear to the whole world that Egypt's new rulers were nothing but a group of foolhardy extremists, unreliable and unworthy of taking charge of an asset as important as the Suez Canal. Furthermore, it was to be demonstrated that their grasp on power was uncertain, that they faced powerful internal opposition, and, consequently, they were unworthy of being counted upon as a dependable ally."

Robert Dassa was one of the first of the spies to be caught. Philip Nathanson was caught soon after when, on the way to blow up a cinema in Alexandria, the bomb he was carrying in his pocket ignited and then exploded. What was a particularly alarming factor was that outside of the theater a fire engine was waiting, as if expecting them. Philip had the distinct feeling he was being watched. It turned out that he had been.

As Philip lay on the ground, he saw startled and frightened faces looking down at him. While somebody shouted "Take care! He may have another bomb!" Philip heard a police sergeant say "Don't worry, don't worry. We were waiting for them. These are the people who set fire to the American library."
                          Encyclopedia of Jewish and Israeli history, politics and culture, with biographies, statistics, articles and documents on topics from anti-Semitism to Zionism.

I'm certain that all the people who think that the U.S. has nothing to be ashamed of in its interrogation techniques, will also applaud the robust methods used by the Egyptian security services to obtain valuable life-saving information from such violent politico-religious extremists.
                          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                            The problem with social phobias of any kind, is that they usually don't stop there.
                            They are all interconnected. So the can "start" with the let's say north african muslims, then spread to all muslims, then spread to jewish people, then spread to people of a different ideology etc etc
                            It's not a secluded effect so that one can say, hey it's the other guy, it's none of my business. They'll come for you eventually!!!

(someone said, first it was the polar bears, but I didn't say anything, then it was the gold fish but when they came for me there was noone to shout". Something like that)
                            So are we bombing Germany or not?!
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                              So are we bombing Germany or not?!
                              We didn't bomb Germany to save the Jews.
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

And we're not bombing Germany to save them this time, either.
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X